Snake skin vinyl
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Snake skin vinyl
Well I'm going to be calling the dealership to see if the snake skin looking vinyl is still avail. It was a few years ago. Mines going to need to be replaced once if these days. I just want it for when it does.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Snake skin vinyl
let me know if they do. the vinyl over my engine hatch is starting to show wear around the seems. So I will probably have to replace it at some point as well.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Snake skin vinyl
BBP, u might not own that boat when it goes bad...hold off my manBig Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm Well I'm going to be calling the dealership to see if the snake skin looking vinyl is still avail. It was a few years ago. Mines going to need to be replaced once if these days. I just want it for when it does.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
This boat isn't going anywhere soon. 2 years till I buy sailors!
The seams are showing wear too.
I got the colors and part numbers from cobalt. Actually these might be from my other 220 cobalt before this one but I think it's the same colors. I'll drop them a line.
The seams are showing wear too.
I got the colors and part numbers from cobalt. Actually these might be from my other 220 cobalt before this one but I think it's the same colors. I'll drop them a line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Gordys just emailed back. No snake skin vinyl.
That stinks.
That stinks.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Silverbullet555
- Commander

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:03 am
- Location: ID
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
That's a bummer. I'm sure I'll need vinyl at some point. I did find the husband of a friend does upholstery which is a plus.
I
I
James
2002 226 with VP 8.1Gi DP
2002 226 with VP 8.1Gi DP
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Yes the upholstery shop isn't a problem. He does Gulfstream jets interior. Yes I know I can get a close match when the time comes. But rather have the factory match. So I have them checking on the nontextured vinyl that matches the seats. So we will see if that's a option. My vinyl is very soft but still 15 years old.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Ugh I hated the snake skin on my 190...when I recovered the back I didn't even check to see if they had that...
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Well I got another email from the Cobalt dealer. My vinyl is no longer avail either. Match up time when it comes time.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Snake skin vinyl
BBP who do you use for upholstery? I have some areas that need to be replaced.Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 pm Yes the upholstery shop isn't a problem. He does Gulfstream jets interior. Yes I know I can get a close match when the time comes. But rather have the factory match. So I have them checking on the nontextured vinyl that matches the seats. So we will see if that's a option. My vinyl is very soft but still 15 years old.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Ive used lake Geneva upholstery they are closer to you. and marine tops unlimited in Omro. Again in the off season they each offer 10% off.Riggs10 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 amBBP who do you use for upholstery? I have some areas that need to be replaced.Big Block Power wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 pm Yes the upholstery shop isn't a problem. He does Gulfstream jets interior. Yes I know I can get a close match when the time comes. But rather have the factory match. So I have them checking on the nontextured vinyl that matches the seats. So we will see if that's a option. My vinyl is very soft but still 15 years old.
Side note let's start a thread on that trailer!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
patschlotzhauer
- Ensign

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm
- Location: Lake of the Ozarks
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Hello, I'm curious if you ever located a replacement vinyl to match this. I have a 2001 262, and am looking to have the rear engine hatch cushions redone. I want to match existing, but am having a hard time identifying something that matches up to the pleated, granular pattern (which I assume is what you refer to as the 'Snake Skin'). I contacted Cobalt, and they pointed me to Omnova Solutions (their supplier during that time period); however, they stated that all Cobalt products are custom made to their specs and not available to the public. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Thanks!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
.patschlotzhauer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm Hello, I'm curious if you ever located a replacement vinyl to match this. I have a 2001 262, and am looking to have the rear engine hatch cushions redone. I want to match existing, but am having a hard time identifying something that matches up to the pleated, granular pattern (which I assume is what you refer to as the 'Snake Skin'). I contacted Cobalt, and they pointed me to Omnova Solutions (their supplier during that time period); however, they stated that all Cobalt products are custom made to their specs and not available to the public. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hey patschlotzhauer. Welcome to the Cobalt chat forum.
I had a 2001 262 and was unable to duplicate the Cobalt snake skin pattern on those rear hatch cushions.
We had a parts 263 model on the forum located in Rochester NY that may be an option. Jrcramer1 was the username. You may be able to PM him.
How’d you get into Cobalt boats? Would love to read an intro thread if you have the time. Of course pics are a must—especially with that sexy model.
....and again, welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Snake skin vinyl
Nope no luck getting it. I'm sure if you call the supplier they will have something very close that you may never be able to tell the diff.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests
