Anchor

User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

NautiGirl wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
I almost went there. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Stagdad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 am
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Stagdad »

:shock:
notstock4long wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am I ended up going with a Richter anchor. I was thinking about a digger, but found this one first. It is much smaller than it looks; less than 12" in diameter, and maybe 10" tall, but it holds well. I have the 18lb version. I bought this on mainly because it would fit in my anchor locker.
I ordered my 18 lb Richter from wholesalemarine.com so I would have it in time for Memorial Day. I even read them the part/sku
number from their website. Incredibly fast shipping to the lake address. Looked at the invoice and they shipped me the 14 lb one. I got a return authorization and again ordered the 18. Incredibly fast shipping of another 14 pounder! Finally, third times a charm, received the 18. Unfortunately it did not arrive until Tuesday after I had put the boat away so I cannot report on its anchoring abilities yet. It does, however, fit in the 220 S anchor locker unlike my trusty danforth that had served me so well. :shock:
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Away Port Lake Cumberland / Dale Hollow
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

3 times a charm. They are normally pretty good I get plenty from them.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

NautiGirl wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
Hmm...well I am not sure what we are talking about? So times like these...I have learned to be quiet. :D
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

MikeBo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:22 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
Hmm...well I am not sure what we are talking about? So times like these...I have learned to be quiet. :D
Or get reading. It's in here. We are restricted in telling the meaning. Dp's
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:29 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:22 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm

What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
Hmm...well I am not sure what we are talking about? So times like these...I have learned to be quiet. :D
Or get reading. It's in here. We are restricted in telling the meaning. Dp's
Look..... I found an inconspicuous “ Search Bar “
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

cmattj wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:58 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:29 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Hmm...well I am not sure what we are talking about? So times like these...I have learned to be quiet. :D
Or get reading. It's in here. We are restricted in telling the meaning. Dp's
Look..... I found an inconspicuous “ Search Bar “
.
Ok smarty Marty, please note that DP’s returns no search results.... lol!
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

Hint search dropped anchor posts. Marty smarty😉
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Dropped Anchor »

MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
I like your style. Welcome aboard, mate.
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Dropped Anchor »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:54 pm Hint search dropped anchor posts. Marty smarty😉
What want I notified about this tag, Señor Grande Power Block?
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Ytmsn »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:05 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm
MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
I almost went there. Lol
Sounds like lemonade and swamp water is going to make for an interesting day out. Probably leave the kids home that day.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Bfun220 »

Not to derail this but......
I had a digger anchor and like it. Held the boat well in our sand/mud bottom lake. Yesterday I toss it over and while taking up slack line feel the tension let go. So when I bring it back up, all I've got is the loop where the line attacks. The rest of it is sitting in 12ft of water. Apparently there's a nut that holds this in place. And said nut can back off. So if your using a digger I'd check your nut.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by akorcovelos »

Bfun220 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:50 pm Not to derail this but......
I had a digger anchor and like it. Held the boat well in our sand/mud bottom lake. Yesterday I toss it over and while taking up slack line feel the tension let go. So when I bring it back up, all I've got is the loop where the line attacks. The rest of it is sitting in 12ft of water. Apparently there's a nut that holds this in place. And said nut can back off. So if your using a digger I'd check your nut.
That’s a bummer bfun, I know some people that put small PWC fenders on their expensive anchors on long lines so they can retrieve them if they come off the main line, but I boat in 3’ of water so no need for me.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by NautiGirl »

Bfun220 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:50 pm Not to derail this but......
I had a digger anchor and like it. Held the boat well in our sand/mud bottom lake. Yesterday I toss it over and while taking up slack line feel the tension let go. So when I bring it back up, all I've got is the loop where the line attacks. The rest of it is sitting in 12ft of water. Apparently there's a nut that holds this in place. And said nut can back off. So if your using a digger I'd check your nut.
PSA folks! Check your nut(s).
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests