Steering wheel self-leveling center

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Steering wheel self-leveling center

Post by Photo_G »

Hi,

My 2011 210 steering wheel has what appears to be a leather self-leveling center logo insert. I say that because it spins if I manually move it, but it doesn't spin to level on its own. Has anyone had to deal with this problem before? If so, I'd love to know how you fixed it.
.
wheel_insert.png
.
Thanks in advance,
G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center

Post by cmattj »

Well you could just sell it to me? I know nice right..
Or as vinyl shrinks overtime take the Allen screws off the ring and put something or two side tape to bind in back in the ring cover.

Did you need my address??
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center

Post by Driller »

Photo_G wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 pm Hi,

My 2011 210 steering wheel has what appears to be a leather self-leveling center logo insert. I say that because it spins if I manually move it, but it doesn't spin to level on its own. Has anyone had to deal with this problem before? If so, I'd love to know how you fixed it.
.
wheel_insert.png
.
Thanks in advance,
G
I have the same wheel on my 2011 242. Does exactly the same thing. I just don't look at mine so it doesn't bother the OCD in me.

You might be able to dismantle, clean, and lube, but it seems that on mine it is slightly binding on the OD of the center logo not on the internals.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center

Post by Photo_G »

Thanks cmattj, Driller! I'll try your suggestions and post back.

Take care,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests