R30 vs 296
R30 vs 296
Hey Guys, new to cobalt but not to boating. Looking to get a slightly used R30 twin or 296 twin. For the most part are the only differences between the two models the seating configuration and hydraulic swim platform? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: R30 vs 296
.
Hey B6. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
Not too many 30’ owners here. We’ll see if any chime in.
Where and how will you be using your boat?
Again, welcome aboard mate!
.
Hey B6. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
Not too many 30’ owners here. We’ll see if any chime in.
Where and how will you be using your boat?
Again, welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: R30 vs 296
Thanks for the reply. Northern Wisconsin will be its home. Family boat primarily for cruising.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: R30 vs 296
So I'm guessing Door County?boat6 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 am Thanks for the reply. Northern Wisconsin will be its home. Family boat primarily for cruising.
I guess Which one do you like better. As long as it fits your needs and had twin bb is all good.
I'm not sure if I'm sold on the hydraulic platform. It's cool but when it breaks its going to be costly.
Oh and welcome
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: R30 vs 296
Yes, door County. Thanks for the advice. I can go either way on the swim platform. Definite not a deal breaker.
Thanks
Thanks
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: R30 vs 296
I take it your going through the Beacon?
They have a used A28. Sweet ride. They have a new 2016 A40 I bet you could steal from them.
Are you looking at used r30 vs used of course 296.
The r30 is much more updated and refined to me. Trs23 just bought one with twin 300s or 350s I think and loves it.
They have a used A28. Sweet ride. They have a new 2016 A40 I bet you could steal from them.
Are you looking at used r30 vs used of course 296.
The r30 is much more updated and refined to me. Trs23 just bought one with twin 300s or 350s I think and loves it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 110 guests
