Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
While I am fixing the drain issue. THought I would try and knock out another little item.
The rubber grommet on both sides of the engine hatch have disappeared \ disintegrated. I have been looking online but thought I would throw it up to the experts \ BBP.
Any guidance on who to call or just an item number
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 pm
Call Jason at lodder’s marine in Cincinnati and he will ship them to you. I bought 5 last year as I go through them every little while
Yep this is where we all got them from. They also stick to the kids them fall off them gone. Also when you get them crawl into your engine area have someone that can lift the lid close it and see if the contract the lid. None of mine were even close so I adjusted them.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
I tried to get replacements last year from lodders and they said sorry they didn't have them. I had to go buy something similar, went to amazon and found rubber feet covers for stools and that worked ok.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
Looked back over my e-mail. When I called Lodders they only had one in stock. I talked to Jason Durbin and he ordered me a dozen and had them shipped down.
My 16 year old grommets are perfect which may tell me the hatch cover is probably not in contact with the cover. I'll get inside the compartment and look up when I winterize.
After much research I found a company who makes these rubber caps. The company is JW Winco and the part number is GN806-19-A. They are described as "PROTECTIVE CAP NEOPRENE" and fit just fine over these supporting hex bolts. Theye are $1.04 each. Best to get a bunch as shipping runs $10.50 depending on where you live.
I used a little red grease on top of the cap once installed and it worked well to mark when the cap just contacted the underside of the hatch. Side note: On my 2014 Cobalt 220 two of the supports were not mounted by the factory under solid flat fiberglass but rather on a transition curve. This would not be good for intended support function. I havent decided if I want to move them to the correct spot or not. Not really worth the hassle and I dont see that hatch failing any time soon
bruced4 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 am
After much research I found a company who makes these rubber caps. The company is JW Winco and the part number is GN806-19-A. They are described as "PROTECTIVE CAP NEOPRENE" and fit just fine over these supporting hex bolts. Theye are $1.04 each. Best to get a bunch as shipping runs $10.50 depending on where you live.
I used a little red grease on top of the cap once installed and it worked well to mark when the cap just contacted the underside of the hatch. Side note: On my 2014 Cobalt 220 two of the supports were not mounted by the factory under solid flat fiberglass but rather on a transition curve. This would not be good for intended support function. I havent decided if I want to move them to the correct spot or not. Not really worth the hassle and I dont see that hatch failing any time soon
.
Nice update on this B4. Thanks for posting that.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)