I miss Everything

(non-boating; no politics!)
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by liquid »

NautiGirl wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 am
liquid wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 am How can I not know about DA post?!? Man you guys gotta keep me in the loop.

FYI - the 190 is 225 HP I believe.
225 HP of perfection. I would never engine shame the best boat ever made. Even I have my limits.
You couldn't possibly. :lol:
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am
cmattj wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 am Really? Hmmm.. I thought I had you at rainbow!
True.. The lightning bolt trade isn’t working out. 🤣
⚡️vs 🌈
Ha! You such a silly Californian! Now that we've properly hijacked this thread, where are we gonna go next?
Let's discuss the game of Kubb. Any of you familiar? One of our buddies introduced this game and now it dominates every back yard outing. I literally dropped my quilt on the ground. Sadly the turtle riding snake sits half crocheted.

Here's a jump off:

http://www.kubbunited.com/rules-of-kubb
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by AsLan7 »

liquid wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am
cmattj wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am

True.. The lightning bolt trade isn’t working out. 🤣
⚡️vs 🌈
Ha! You such a silly Californian! Now that we've properly hijacked this thread, where are we gonna go next?
Let's discuss the game of Kubb. Any of you familiar? One of our buddies introduced this game and now it dominates every back yard outing. I literally dropped my quilt on the ground. Sadly the turtle riding snake sits half crocheted.

Here's a jump off:

http://www.kubbunited.com/rules-of-kubb
M.
Sounds cool buddy. I’m in!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Location: Merrimac MA
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Lockey14s »

WTF is this thread about? I guess I missed something too
1978 19CD "Benny"
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by NautiGirl »

Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:05 pm WTF is this thread about? I guess I missed something too
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3223
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Location: Merrimac MA
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Lockey14s »

lol I thought that would escalate... I do stand by my statement of supporting fellow cobalters, but i think that person took things a little tooooo seriously. Some people cant take jokes and get butt hurt.
1978 19CD "Benny"
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by NautiGirl »

Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm lol I thought that would escalate... I do stand by my statement of supporting fellow cobalters, but i think that person took things a little tooooo seriously. Some people cant take jokes and get butt hurt.
Looking back I got a bit keyboard internet warrior...but this place needs a bit of excitement so I took an opportunity.

I will give BobRay a ton of credit, he took a TON of "engine shaming" from BBP and me. Took it in stride realized it was all in good fun and didn't cry about it. Of course he now owns a V8...so perhaps there is a lesson there?
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by cmattj »

liquid wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 am
Let's discuss the game of Kubb. Any of you familiar? One of our buddies introduced this game and now it dominates every back yard outing. I literally dropped my quilt on the ground. Sadly the turtle riding snake sits half crocheted.

Here's a jump off:

http://www.kubbunited.com/rules-of-kubb
Gee it’s such a simple to understand game. I can see it’s Swedish influences.
Back to Corn Hole or harmless lawn darts. ( Hold my lemon drop).
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Location: Merrimac MA
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Lockey14s »

NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:24 pm
Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm lol I thought that would escalate... I do stand by my statement of supporting fellow cobalters, but i think that person took things a little tooooo seriously. Some people cant take jokes and get butt hurt.
Looking back I got a bit keyboard internet warrior...but this place needs a bit of excitement so I took an opportunity.

I will give BobRay a ton of credit, he took a TON of "engine shaming" from BBP and me. Took it in stride realized it was all in good fun and didn't cry about it. Of course he now owns a V8...so perhaps there is a lesson there?
well when you get called out for something its hard not to defend yourself.

I think some of you older guys are still wrapped up in the whole "no replacement for displacement". I mean, these newer generations V6 engines are pushing more horsepower than the old 5.7 V8s that they use to drop into 25' boats. And they are LIGHTER!

And yes, I called you guys old, because we can all take a joke right? lol
1978 19CD "Benny"
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by NautiGirl »

Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:24 pm
Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm lol I thought that would escalate... I do stand by my statement of supporting fellow cobalters, but i think that person took things a little tooooo seriously. Some people cant take jokes and get butt hurt.
Looking back I got a bit keyboard internet warrior...but this place needs a bit of excitement so I took an opportunity.

I will give BobRay a ton of credit, he took a TON of "engine shaming" from BBP and me. Took it in stride realized it was all in good fun and didn't cry about it. Of course he now owns a V8...so perhaps there is a lesson there?
well when you get called out for something its hard not to defend yourself.

I think some of you older guys are still wrapped up in the whole "no replacement for displacement". I mean, these newer generations V6 engines are pushing more horsepower than the old 5.7 V8s that they use to drop into 25' boats. And they are LIGHTER!

And yes, I called you guys old, because we can all take a joke right? lol
I am old get off my yard.

I get it, modern engine tech is making more power with less displacement. I daily drive a turbo charged I6 and tow the boat /w a turbo V6.

But there is just something cool about a big V8 especially in a boat. Merica!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by NautiGirl »

cmattj wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:44 pm
liquid wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 am
Let's discuss the game of Kubb. Any of you familiar? One of our buddies introduced this game and now it dominates every back yard outing. I literally dropped my quilt on the ground. Sadly the turtle riding snake sits half crocheted.

Here's a jump off:

http://www.kubbunited.com/rules-of-kubb
Gee it’s such a simple to understand game. I can see it’s Swedish influences.
Back to Corn Hole or harmless lawn darts. ( Hold my lemon drop).
Seems cool, but they lost me at the advantage line section of the tutorial. If I can't understand the rules while sober in the office forget about it after a couple beers.

Corn Hole ftw, and sometimes even that math is tricky.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Location: Merrimac MA
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Lockey14s »

NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Looking back I got a bit keyboard internet warrior...but this place needs a bit of excitement so I took an opportunity.

I will give BobRay a ton of credit, he took a TON of "engine shaming" from BBP and me. Took it in stride realized it was all in good fun and didn't cry about it. Of course he now owns a V8...so perhaps there is a lesson there?
well when you get called out for something its hard not to defend yourself.

I think some of you older guys are still wrapped up in the whole "no replacement for displacement". I mean, these newer generations V6 engines are pushing more horsepower than the old 5.7 V8s that they use to drop into 25' boats. And they are LIGHTER!

And yes, I called you guys old, because we can all take a joke right? lol
I am old get off my yard.

I get it, modern engine tech is making more power with less displacement. I daily drive a turbo charged I6 and tow the boat /w a turbo V6.

But there is just something cool about a big V8 especially in a boat. Merica!

Im totally with you. Theres something magical about a V8 I/O that gets me going
1978 19CD "Benny"
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Ytmsn »

cmattj wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:44 pm
liquid wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 am
Let's discuss the game of Kubb. Any of you familiar? One of our buddies introduced this game and now it dominates every back yard outing. I literally dropped my quilt on the ground. Sadly the turtle riding snake sits half crocheted.

Here's a jump off:

http://www.kubbunited.com/rules-of-kubb
Gee it’s such a simple to understand game. I can see it’s Swedish influences.
Back to Corn Hole or harmless lawn darts. ( Hold my lemon drop).
Again, your Californianess is coming out. Especially when you talk about a cornholes. Kinda skeers me..😁 I never can get used to the idea of that game name.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by jhnmdahl »

Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:43 pm Im totally with you. Theres something magical about a V8 I/O that gets me going
I knew somebody here would like my Volvo V8-225!
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: I miss Everything

Post by Big Block Power »

jhnmdahl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:38 pm
Lockey14s wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:43 pm Im totally with you. Theres something magical about a V8 I/O that gets me going
I knew somebody here would like my Volvo V8-225!
John one day it will magically go to a 300. It's only time. We will crack these things.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 36 guests