Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I am still having a bit of a hard time talking about it or admitting it, but this year is a big birthday for TeamNauti - I officially turn 40.
I am trying to figure out a fun weekend trip to celebrate, but am having a hard time deciding what sounds fun. I can't believe I am doing this, but I am going to turn to our friends at CobaltChat for suggestions. Here are the ground rules:
1) The detestation cannot be within 150 miles of Neenah Wi.
2) Mrs. Nauti gets to come so the destination has to be somewhere she can at least tolerate for a weekend.
3) Southwest has to fly to our destination - we have some flight credits that expire that I want to use.
4) Trip will be late June so while Austin Tx or New Orleans both sound fun the amount of sweating I would be doing does not.
5) No to Vegas - I have been a couple times - that's enough.
6) Perhaps the most challenging of all for you guys it doesn't really have to involve boating.
That's about it, other than those 6 things pretty open to suggestions. I was tossing around a cheap flight to Baltimore then a train ride to DC. San Fran or San Diego were also mentioned but those may be a bit more of a trip than I want to take. Really though still up in the air on the entire thing. I am sure this group will come up /w some amazing ideas. Lets hear them.
I am trying to figure out a fun weekend trip to celebrate, but am having a hard time deciding what sounds fun. I can't believe I am doing this, but I am going to turn to our friends at CobaltChat for suggestions. Here are the ground rules:
1) The detestation cannot be within 150 miles of Neenah Wi.
2) Mrs. Nauti gets to come so the destination has to be somewhere she can at least tolerate for a weekend.
3) Southwest has to fly to our destination - we have some flight credits that expire that I want to use.
4) Trip will be late June so while Austin Tx or New Orleans both sound fun the amount of sweating I would be doing does not.
5) No to Vegas - I have been a couple times - that's enough.
6) Perhaps the most challenging of all for you guys it doesn't really have to involve boating.
That's about it, other than those 6 things pretty open to suggestions. I was tossing around a cheap flight to Baltimore then a train ride to DC. San Fran or San Diego were also mentioned but those may be a bit more of a trip than I want to take. Really though still up in the air on the entire thing. I am sure this group will come up /w some amazing ideas. Lets hear them.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
San Francisco sounds fabulous but im bias.NautiGirl wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:07 am I am still having a bit of a hard time talking about it or admitting it, but this year is a big birthday for TeamNauti - I officially turn 40.
I am trying to figure out a fun weekend trip to celebrate, but am having a hard time deciding what sounds fun. I can't believe I am doing this, but I am going to turn to our friends at CobaltChat for suggestions. Here are the ground rules:
1) The detestation cannot be within 150 miles of Neenah Wi.
2) Mrs. Nauti gets to come so the destination has to be somewhere she can at least tolerate for a weekend.
3) Southwest has to fly to our destination - we have some flight credits that expire that I want to use.
4) Trip will be late June so while Austin Tx or New Orleans both sound fun the amount of sweating I would be doing does not.
5) No to Vegas - I have been a couple times - that's enough.
6) Perhaps the most challenging of all for you guys it doesn't really have to involve boating.
That's about it, other than those 6 things pretty open to suggestions. I was tossing around a cheap flight to Baltimore then a train ride to DC. San Fran or San Diego were also mentioned but those may be a bit more of a trip than I want to take. Really though still up in the air on the entire thing. I am sure this group will come up /w some amazing ideas. Lets hear them.
But it is a destination for people from all over the world as it a town of Culture, Dining and Famous sites to see. Oh, and its the Gateway to the California Delta and you may know a Delta tour guide in Stockton for your Boating fix.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I say san Diego. Stay on a boat/yacht in one of the marinas . You could do an overnight , a dinner cruise or just stay dock side. Can be done for reasonable cost and you get free parking.
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Trip to Madison WI. It's 151 miles away. I think I have that same week off so let me one where we can meet up 





03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I'd say San Diego, Use to go there quite a bit to visit a customer and there is a lot to do. Golfing, craft breweries, authentic mexican food, check out the midway, san diego zoo.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
βSmooth Operatorβ
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
βSmooth Operatorβ
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
This is going to be a boating free 40th birthday...unless we do SanFran and the Alcatraz tour. I am not a strong swimmer. Thanks for the recommendation if that is the final choice we will definitely hit you up.cmattj wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am
But it is a destination for people from all over the world as it a town of Culture, Dining and Famous sites to see. Oh, and its the Gateway to the California Delta and you may know a Delta tour guide in Stockton for your Boating fix.![]()
I have seen way too much of Maidson WI. But if you are buying steaks at Rare we could possibility talk. Love that place.Big Block Power wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm Trip to Madison WI. It's 151 miles away. I think I have that same week off so let me one where we can meet up![]()
Last Time I went to San Diego with a girl she dumped me on the flight home. True Story. Katie has promised we would still be married when we land back in Louisville but I am a bit hesitant.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 pm I'd say San Diego, Use to go there quite a bit to visit a customer and there is a lot to do. Golfing, craft breweries, authentic mexican food, check out the midway, san diego zoo.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
While I fully support BB so we can all hang out and eat Cheese, I'd have to say one of my favorite places (non-tropical/boating related) is Vail. Vail in the summer is amazing, open air bars/restaurants, pedestrian only roads, stunning scenery, and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. Vail is one of those places most people don't think of for summer destinations, but it should be because it's awesome.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
βDirect Deposit Tooβ
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
βDirect Deposit Tooβ
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Iβd go San Diego over San Fran personally. If you do go Dan Fran, you need to book Alcatraz NOW
Actually Iβd tell you to get scuba certified between now and then and go to Cozumel for your check dive.
I know you said your not a strong swimmer but since you actually need to sink for scuba, itβs a no brainer
Actually Iβd tell you to get scuba certified between now and then and go to Cozumel for your check dive.
I know you said your not a strong swimmer but since you actually need to sink for scuba, itβs a no brainer
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Mrs Nauti here... Agree most people don't think of ski destinations as good summer vacation spots. Telluride is supposed to be just as busy on the summer!akorcovelos wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:36 pm While I fully support BB so we can all hang out and eat Cheese, I'd have to say one of my favorite places (non-tropical/boating related) is Vail. Vail in the summer is amazing, open air bars/restaurants, pedestrian only roads, stunning scenery, and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. Vail is one of those places most people don't think of for summer destinations, but it should be because it's awesome.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I'm a Caribbean kind of guy. Cheap flights to St Thomas. I'll even meet you there and buy you a rare steak!!
Really what I'm trying to say is I really want to be part of this celebration



Katie you can even get Jeff his own Kate account for his bday
Really what I'm trying to say is I really want to be part of this celebration
Katie you can even get Jeff his own Kate account for his bday
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I concur!Big Block Power wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm Trip to Madison WI. It's 151 miles away. I think I have that same week off so let me one where we can meet up![]()
Actually, San Francisco with a private boat tour sounds like a great destination of choice.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I did a trip to San Fran, flew to Portland and then took the train to Seattle. It was amazing.
Portland had a huge beer fest on the river and the whole city blew us away. Seattle was my favorite city of the trip. The ease of getting around.....dim sum in china town. The original Starbucks coffee shop....etc
Congrats on 40
Portland had a huge beer fest on the river and the whole city blew us away. Seattle was my favorite city of the trip. The ease of getting around.....dim sum in china town. The original Starbucks coffee shop....etc
Congrats on 40
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Great idea T!Tuscany wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:59 pmI concur!Big Block Power wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm Trip to Madison WI. It's 151 miles away. I think I have that same week off so let me one where we can meet up![]()
Actually, San Francisco with a private boat tour sounds like a great destination of choice.
Come on out and weβll celebrate our throw back 40th. We will Toast Katie with slurred speech.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I really like getting to the high country in the middle of summer for a break from the heat. You could fly in to just about anyplace on the western slope and rent a side by side for the weekend. Nothing like being to the top of a 12 or 13 thousand foot mountain or pass to celebrate getting old!
Howe5, that being said, all of us flying into MattLand for the weekend would be a BALL!
Howe5, that being said, all of us flying into MattLand for the weekend would be a BALL!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
I like where this is going.Ytmsn wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am
Howe5, that being said, all of us flying into MattLand for the weekend would be a BALL!
We will have a great celebration and face time the Nautis!
I loce Birthdays
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests
