Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Can i upgrade my manual arch to electric folding, without changing the whole arch?
Also how easy is it to add a motorbox actuator? Cobalt is prewired for it?
Also how easy is it to add a motorbox actuator? Cobalt is prewired for it?
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Well no one on here has done it.
No time like the present. Let's get this thread going with pictures

No time like the present. Let's get this thread going with pictures
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
.
Agreed!
Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
I think both projects are doable. It would be a first for the site as bbp mentioned. Having things pre-wired is half the battle
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
Agreed!
Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
I think both projects are doable. It would be a first for the site as bbp mentioned. Having things pre-wired is half the battle
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Call Samson sport and ask. They made it
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Thanks for the encouragement. I pull her out of storage Friday and will post some eye candy. First project is adding tower speakers and a 2 channel JL amp. Next, is the arch. I spoke with Samson, and they confirmed its the same arch as electric. Now to try and get a dealer to order me the actuator for cost
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Can you get the actuator from Samson. that might be the cheaper and better way. Cobalt is the middle man so they mark it up and you dealer marks it up. Buy it factory direct.
Maybe buy it in bulk like 10 of them. You might be on to something here.
Maybe buy it in bulk like 10 of them. You might be on to something here.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
I found this for a mastercraft. Seems pricey still, and retail. but if it looks like this for cobalt and a plug and play harness, this could be the easiest job yet
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/maste ... -inch-stbd
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/maste ... -inch-stbd
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Maybe true. Rick and Derek are very helpful at Cobalt. They got Yt some good info when he needed it. When they open in August you could give them a call.Chrispval wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
August....f*Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pmMaybe true. Rick and Derek are very helpful at Cobalt. They got Yt some good info when he needed it. When they open in August you could give them a call.Chrispval wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
I’m not sure Samson makes a electric folding arch. It must be more cobalt specific. Looked for one on their site and I saw nothing
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
I searched all over and nothing. I'm trying to just find the actuator. I'm sure I could find one but the issue is it the right one. Is it worth 500 bucks. To me heck yes. I hate lifting my stainless tower. If I could convert mine I would in a heart beat. I don't have a flat surface to mount it to. The other issue I've had with my dealers is if my hin number did not include that option they wouldn't sell it to me. I tried to upgrade to the new swim platform and they wouldn't sell one to me.ajcampen wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am I’m not sure Samson makes a electric folding arch. It must be more cobalt specific. Looked for one on their site and I saw nothing
So quick search for me this.
I think it could be done. Maybe if some of the guys with a power tower Could pay a picture or any numbers on their actuators we could mage this happen brute August.
https://progressiveactuators.com/produc ... AxEALw_wcB
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
That's one of my fav combos. Nice boat!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Chris, Answered your question in the PM. Sorry for the late reply!
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests


