Page 10 of 30

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:56 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:54 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:51 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 pm .
Who can name the car Curt Smith is driving in this video?.... :D :D :D
.
1964 Austin-Healey 3000 Phase 2 Series III [BJ8]

Every song on the dance album is great.
You're right. ...and you nailed it. (although Mark III is the technical term) :D
Bonus question, why did Curt pick the Austin Healey? :?:
Because he has a triumph and wanted a old car and that was the closest he could get.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:58 pm
by AsLan7
Nice job! You can do your mic drop..:D

Btw, I used to go to my friends house and watch MTV for hours (my parents did not believe in paying for cable TV). I once stayed up all night just to see this video come on (which it never did) to see that Austin Healey (since that is what I drove in High School). My friend said, "you've got to see this video. The car is everywhere...with Curt Smith driving it!!!"
.
.
Image

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:04 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:58 pm Nice job! You can do your mic drop..:D

Btw, I used to go to my friends house and watch MTV for hours (my parents did not believe in paying for cable TV). I once stayed up all night just to see this video come on (which it never did) just to see that Austin Healey (since that is what I drove in High School). My friend said, "you got to see this video. The car is everywhere...with Curt Smith driving it!!!"
.
.
Image
Yes there's a reason it didn't come on all night.lol

I think we all used to stay up all night and watch MTV. The very first vid is the bestest. Go get that bad boy A7! I think it starts with Music.lol the cars on ZZ Tops vids rocked.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:08 pm
by AsLan7
.
Per your request bbp...a classic first MTV video which debuted in 1981.
.

.
...and yes, as car guys, my friends and I loved ZZ Tops Legs! 8-) Btw, ROCK out YT. :D
(it was sooo cool seeing those guitars spin in tandem back then) :shock:
.

.
.
Speaking of car videos, I love watching this one by Billy Falcon as the message is fantastic...
.

.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:38 pm
by AsLan7
.
My oldest is a John Williams (& Hans Zimmer #2) freak. It's his #1 all time favorite artist and constantly playing in the background at our house on the Echo Dot..
.



Our family enjoys just about everything these guys produce. WATCH the entire video ( I get a kick out of the audience facial reactions) They shred Thunderstruck! :o :o :o
.



.
and of course the masters themselves...
.


.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:38 pm
by Big Block Power
Great song A7 power windows.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:36 pm
by Bfun220
I had to through this in here.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:18 pm
by AsLan7
.
That’s awesome bfun220!

It’s funny. I got a banjo for Christmas. I can’t play anything except maybe my stereo.
My goal is to play the theme from Deliverance before year’s end.
So my son Luke picks it up and in 5 minutes strums out the Deliverance song. I put it back in the case.

.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:41 pm
by Bfun220
Deliverance

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 pm
by AsLan7
Yuppp...that’s the one Bfun. That kids my hero! :lol:
(...& also in our music collection like 99% of this thread. :mrgreen:
.
Underrated album that soared up the charts faster than most debuts....
.



Another legend....
.


.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:31 am
by Big Block Power
Aslan I had that Zebra album. Good find. I'm not a doors fan at all.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 am
by Driller
I hate The Who. Always have, always will. The sad part is I don’t know why. Just got no respect for them. I do like some of Townsend’s solo stuff, so it must have something to do with Roger.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 pm
by AsLan7
.
Congrats John on your new baby boy. Don’t let the time slip away. They grow up in a hurry....
.

.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 am
by AsLan7
.
Clapton on lead guitar combined with Karmen on piano make a perfect combo in this too short Roger Waters song. Sometimes I'll put it on repeat and just fall asleep.
.



I have an excellent condition original pressing of this album. PF produced so many greats. This is audio art perfection though. Listening to the entire DSOTM album this AM...
.



My brother and I enjoyed playing this one from our bedrooms as it always freaked my mom out. It's amazing with sonic holography engaged... :D
.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 am
by AsLan7
.
Always voted THE number one heavy metal band in Pittsburgh, every year...
(no surprise-- as they are also number one in the nation according to readers of R.S.) 8-)
.

.