2002 227 496GXI steering hard

Silverbullet555
Commander
Commander
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:03 am
Location: ID
Contact:

Re: 2002 227 496GXI steering hard

Post by Silverbullet555 »

I honestly wouldn't worry about what type of PS fluid. It's an automotive PS system. I swapped ours out for royal purple.

Do you know where the leak is?
James
2002 226 with VP 8.1Gi DP
rrfisher
Commander
Commander
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: Austin
Contact:

Re: 2002 227 496GXI steering hard

Post by rrfisher »

I don't. The bilge has a new tan shean to it and I'm not sure why. Put those 2 things together and I came up with the leak hypothesis.
2001 206 5.0 Gi
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2002 227 496GXI steering hard

Post by Big Block Power »

Yes that's called a flush too. Out with the old fliud and time for the new.
Time for bilge cleaner. Buy degreaser time.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 52 guests