Page 2 of 13
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm
by gdane
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:28 am
gdane wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:58 am
T It's so different here on Table Rock. When I went to buy my R7 . I received 3 quotes from the area dealers and tried to by from the Harbor who is on Table Rock but they wouldn't match the price of Lake Viking. Lake Viking told me as long as they show that they can service the boats they sell on Table Rock they can sell to me. When I have had issues Lake Viking was here the next day. Plus the Harbor owners own 3 Marinas on the lake so they make way more in slip rentals than boat sales. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
This is good information to know Dane. I’ve got the Harbor looking out for a used R7 for me. They called me a few weeks ago with a 2015 they were getting in but it didn’t have a wake tower so I passed. But the price they quoted me was almost worth taking a look.
T grace, I would call Randy at Lake Viking his cell 816-244-9433 use my name he and I have a great relationship. He and his crew are aggressive in moving and selling boats. Let him know what you are looking for and he will find it or already have one on trade or consignment.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:34 pm
by gdane
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:54 am
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:42 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:28 am
This is good information to know Dane. I’ve got the Harbor looking out for a used R7 for me. They called me a few weeks ago with a 2015 they were getting in but it didn’t have a wake tower so I passed. But the price they quoted me was almost worth taking a look.
Time to hit up TR he needs to upgrade this year. Lol
Believe me I already asked lol. I think Mrs TR would kill Mr TR if he tried
T grace, Missed meeting TR last year. We will get together this summer.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:38 pm
by gdane
Tuscany wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:21 pm
GD/TR, I’m wondering if your territory isn’t enforced because Cobalt took on multiple dealerships during their “growing” years, well before assigning exclusive territory like they seem to do today.. What is the usual discount off MSRP on TR?.
Lake Viking was at 22% while The Harbor would only go to about 20% off MSRP
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:21 pm
by tgrace98
gdane wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:28 am
gdane wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:58 am
T It's so different here on Table Rock. When I went to buy my R7 . I received 3 quotes from the area dealers and tried to by from the Harbor who is on Table Rock but they wouldn't match the price of Lake Viking. Lake Viking told me as long as they show that they can service the boats they sell on Table Rock they can sell to me. When I have had issues Lake Viking was here the next day. Plus the Harbor owners own 3 Marinas on the lake so they make way more in slip rentals than boat sales. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
This is good information to know Dane. I’ve got the Harbor looking out for a used R7 for me. They called me a few weeks ago with a 2015 they were getting in but it didn’t have a wake tower so I passed. But the price they quoted me was almost worth taking a look.
T grace, I would call Randy at Lake Viking his cell 816-244-9433 use my name he and I have a great relationship. He and his crew are aggressive in moving and selling boats. Let him know what you are looking for and he will find it or already have one on trade or consignment.
Thanks, for now I’m kinda just looking but if something comes up I have to have now i’ll pull the trigger. If I don’t find something by September I’ll list mine and start hardcore looking.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:34 pm
by Big Block Power
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:21 pm
gdane wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:28 am
This is good information to know Dane. I’ve got the Harbor looking out for a used R7 for me. They called me a few weeks ago with a 2015 they were getting in but it didn’t have a wake tower so I passed. But the price they quoted me was almost worth taking a look.
T grace, I would call Randy at Lake Viking his cell 816-244-9433 use my name he and I have a great relationship. He and his crew are aggressive in moving and selling boats. Let him know what you are looking for and he will find it or already have one on trade or consignment.
Thanks, for now I’m kinda just looking but if something comes up I have to have now i’ll pull the trigger. If I don’t find something by September I’ll list mine and start hardcore looking.
So no 282? Wife gave you the green light on these




Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:29 pm
by tgrace98
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:34 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:21 pm
gdane wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm
T grace, I would call Randy at Lake Viking his cell 816-244-9433 use my name he and I have a great relationship. He and his crew are aggressive in moving and selling boats. Let him know what you are looking for and he will find it or already have one on trade or consignment.
Thanks, for now I’m kinda just looking but if something comes up I have to have now i’ll pull the trigger. If I don’t find something by September I’ll list mine and start hardcore looking.
So no 282? Wife gave you the green light on these



No on the 282. My lift is only a 6600lb lift so any 2 motor boat would require a new lift. Which I have priced and considering my current lift is only a year old. I’m not in the market for a new one.
So what I’m looking for is an R7 or A28 max price 100k
Must haves:
Wake tower
380HP
Chartplotter
Sea grass carpet
Bow filler cushions
Led lights
Stainless Steel Docking lights
Dual batteries with switch
Battery charger
Trim tabs
Would like to haves:
430hp Volvo or Merc
Windlass
Under water leds
Dinette table
The upgraded fiberglass tower
I was looking at a 2015 that boats by George has but they wouldn’t come down to my price range and wouldn’t help out on shipping. I set my price at that because any more than that I may as well save a few more bucks and go order a new one.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:36 pm
by Big Block Power
Tgrace sounds like fun. Cave wait to help with the search and spend a few of your pennies.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:15 pm
by Big Block Power
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:03 pm
by tgrace98
The 2016 r7 has the wrong carpet, the 2014 A28 doesn’t have a chartplotter and has been for sale since I bought big red a year ago. So either the seller isn’t very motivated or it’s not well kept.
I’ve been meaning to call on the 2014. Probably check in with the guy after the holidays.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 am
by Tuscany
TG,
If you like the boat, don’t let carpet stop you, it is relatively cheap to replace. The vinyl on a boat prior to the 17’ changeover would be the concern for me. The ask is in the wheelhouse, and I imagine there is 10k wiggle room.
The 14’ at 110k? That’s a very nice price if you are a Cobalt owner. I should be able to sell my boat in 5 years and make money..
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am
by tgrace98
Tuscany wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 am
TG,
If you like the boat, don’t let carpet stop you, it is relatively cheap to replace. The vinyl on a boat prior to the 17’ changeover would be the concern for me. The ask is in the wheelhouse, and I imagine there is 10k wiggle room.
The 14’ at 110k? That’s a very nice price if you are a Cobalt owner. I should be able to sell my boat in 5 years and make money..
yeah I know that 14 for 110 is completely loaded but he is way over priced in my opinion. I'd have to get that boat for low to mid 90's for me to consider. I haven't seen the interior on a Pre 2017 before so I will have to take that into consideration T.
Like I said if I find something that is an absolute steal I will jump on it. Plus I have the harbor looking out for any trades they get in so I'm not in a big rush. They tried to get me to come in and of course price out a new one and from what Dane said I'd be getting a little better discount. Maybe because they already get me yearly on a slip lease.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 am
by gdane
tgrace98 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:03 pm
The 2016 r7 has the wrong carpet, the 2014 A28 doesn’t have a chartplotter and has been for sale since I bought big red a year ago. So either the seller isn’t very motivated or it’s not well kept.
I’ve been meaning to call on the 2014. Probably check in with the guy after the holidays.
TG The 2016 is the same color scheme as mine we could be twinzies!

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:05 am
by Table Rockin
Lol....I love it! This year's race to spend Tgrace's money. And no I'm not selling my boat anytime soon. Part of the story I told my wife was this was a 10 year boat....so, I need to wait about 4 more years before I can buy a new one
I didn't but new last year but I know the spec sheet on the 2017 R7 I purchased was at $165k. I'm guessing the guy paid less than $130sh just based on what they gave him on trade and what they sold it to me for.
The Harbor was actually a Chaparral dealer not too long ago. Maybe 5 years? So their association with Cobalt isnt that old in regards to honoring dealer networks.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 am
by Tuscany
tgrace98 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am
Tuscany wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 am
TG,
If you like the boat, don’t let carpet stop you, it is relatively cheap to replace. The vinyl on a boat prior to the 17’ changeover would be the concern for me. The ask is in the wheelhouse, and I imagine there is 10k wiggle room.
The 14’ at 110k? That’s a very nice price if you are a Cobalt owner. I should be able to sell my boat in 5 years and make money..
yeah I know that 14 for 110 is completely loaded but he is way over priced in my opinion. I'd have to get that boat for low to mid 90's for me to consider. I haven't seen the interior on a Pre 2017 before so I will have to take that into consideration T.
Like I said if I find something that is an absolute steal I will jump on it. Plus I have the harbor looking out for any trades they get in so I'm not in a big rush. They tried to get me to come in and of course price out a new one and from what Dane said I'd be getting a little better discount. Maybe because they already get me yearly on a slip lease.
I'm not knocking the pre 17', the vinyl may be perfectly fine, but it is different. I don't know why they changed suppliers. Maybe a question to ask someone at the Cobalt factory.
The number to shoot for on a new one is 35% discount. That can put you in a new boat. I'm not sure that the MO. area dealers would be to receptive to that number, but if you are not under territorial obligation, I'm sure there are other dealers who would love to make that deal when the snow is piling up. Right now is the time to buy.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 am
by tgrace98
Tuscany wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 am
tgrace98 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am
Tuscany wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 am
TG,
If you like the boat, don’t let carpet stop you, it is relatively cheap to replace. The vinyl on a boat prior to the 17’ changeover would be the concern for me. The ask is in the wheelhouse, and I imagine there is 10k wiggle room.
The 14’ at 110k? That’s a very nice price if you are a Cobalt owner. I should be able to sell my boat in 5 years and make money..
yeah I know that 14 for 110 is completely loaded but he is way over priced in my opinion. I'd have to get that boat for low to mid 90's for me to consider. I haven't seen the interior on a Pre 2017 before so I will have to take that into consideration T.
Like I said if I find something that is an absolute steal I will jump on it. Plus I have the harbor looking out for any trades they get in so I'm not in a big rush. They tried to get me to come in and of course price out a new one and from what Dane said I'd be getting a little better discount. Maybe because they already get me yearly on a slip lease.
I'm not knocking the pre 17', the vinyl may be perfectly fine, but it is different. I don't know why they changed suppliers. Maybe a question to ask someone at the Cobalt factory.
The number to shoot for on a new one is 35% discount. That can put you in a new boat. I'm not sure that the MO. area dealers would be to receptive to that number, but if you are not under territorial obligation, I'm sure there are other dealers who would love to make that deal when the snow is piling up. Right now is the time to buy.
So I went and built out a new one with the options on my must have list and the msrp came out to 165k. So with Danes numbers I’m looking at about 130k. If I can get them to 35% then you are talking 117k.
We are down at the lake this week and it was mid 60s yesterday and the wife and I have boating fever. I actually caught her on her iPad last night picking out colors on Cobalt’s website
