Page 2 of 3

Re: Need a help

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:44 pm
by Bfun220
liquid wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm Can’t help being myself I suppose!

Re: Need a help

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:04 pm
by NautiGirl
A new member makes a thread asking if his tower is strong enough to tow people. They use BBP backing his tower into his garage as a point of reference. And the best Cobalt Chat can come up with is rational responses about how the tower can tow wake-boarders but not tubers?

This place has gone soft.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 pm
by jhnmdahl
Hey, at least we managed to squeeze the right answer in there somewhere :)

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:54 pm
by Big Block Power
Yes they got the answer in 1 post then we decided to back boats into garages and barn door's and pull tubers from a tower and crack in a aluminum tower. 1 rule no fishing from tower. It can not be used to hold a green stick.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 pm
by Ytmsn
Hmm.. I wonder what oil I should use in my tower?

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:53 pm
by AsLan7
Honestly when I first read the post, I thought Kasey was just an existing forum member throwing bait out...fishing for a reaction using a new username as a disguise.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:20 am
by NautiGirl
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:53 pm Honestly when I first read the post, I thought Kasey was just an existing forum member throwing bait out...fishing for a reaction using a new username as a disguise.
Yes, I thought the same, but all the more reason to mess /w them lol.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:20 am
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:53 pm Honestly when I first read the post, I thought Kasey was just an existing forum member throwing bait out...fishing for a reaction using a new username as a disguise.
Yes, I thought the same, but all the more reason to mess /w them lol.
Maybe Jeff got his own😂😂😂
Hi Jeff!

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 pm
by okielaker
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 pm Hmm.. I wonder what oil I should use in my tower?
Not oil, YT... use turn signal fluid. You can use left TSF or right TSF, doesn't matter.
Be sure and fill it from the bottom.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 am
by AsLan7
okielaker wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 pm Hmm.. I wonder what oil I should use in my tower?
Not oil, YT... use turn signal fluid. You can use left TSF or right TSF, doesn't matter.
Be sure and fill it from the bottom.
.
And be sure to pick up a bottle of prop wash to help get any bugs off of it.

.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:49 pm
by Big Block Power
Hey A7 can I just use dicing agent instead of winterizing and shrink wrapping my boat.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 pm
by Bfun220
What's your agent dicing ?

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm
by rinkymehra19
I’ve had four 200 pounders (conservative) on a 25 pound 4-person tube. That’s 825 pounds. Now submarine that baby...at speed...with a side load. An increased submarining force estimated at 2,000 pounds against the tower is conservative imho. It’s also a reason they use a 4,000 pound breaking strength on a heavy duty towable rope...(to not break —even under a worst case scenario).

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:13 pm
by AsLan7
rinkymehra19 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm I’ve had four 200 pounders (conservative) on a 25 pound 4-person tube. That’s 825 pounds. Now submarine that baby...at speed...with a side load. An increased submarining force estimated at 2,000 pounds against the tower is conservative imho. It’s also a reason they use a 4,000 pound breaking strength on a heavy duty towable rope...(to not break —even under a worst case scenario).
.
Hey thanks for the re-quote rinky.

Any Cobalts in your family? Feel free to start an intro thread. So glad you found us!

And welcome aboard mate. :D

.

Re: Need help - wakeboard tower rope attachment

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 am
by rinkymehra19
Thank you so much! :D 9apps