Page 2 of 2
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm
by Holy Smokes
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am
Holy Smokes wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 am
2 vs. 1 on votes so far, plus the $140 out of pocket is enough for now.
I do like how the wood matches the gauge panels, but problem is the OEM wheel is slightly off center on a straight heading and it bugs the $%@% out of me!
.
Now that's an easy fix....just put a phone book under one side of your butt while driving. Try to disregard your gauges though when you do this.
or
Take the wheel off and turn it one or two clicks (depending on where you marked it centered using a piece of tape) on the spline. Then put it back on.
.
Well there you go being all scientific again..... but I haven't seen a phone book in years. I do have a certain stack of "bunny" magazines, though I really don't want them on the boat. Will something like that work?
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm
by AsLan7
Holy Smokes wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am
Holy Smokes wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 am
2 vs. 1 on votes so far, plus the $140 out of pocket is enough for now.
I do like how the wood matches the gauge panels, but problem is the OEM wheel is slightly off center on a straight heading and it bugs the $%@% out of me!
.
Now that's an easy fix....just put a phone book under one side of your butt while driving. Try to disregard your gauges though when you do this.
or
Take the wheel off and turn it one or two clicks (depending on where you marked it centered using a piece of tape) on the spline. Then put it back on.
.
Well there you go being all scientific again..... but I haven't seen a phone book in years. I do have a certain stack of "bunny" magazines, though I really don't want them on the boat. Will something like that work?
.
Depends on the month.

Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 pm
by ksolomon
BigGib wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:15 pm
I installed the Gussi off of eBay, couldn't be any happier with it! Removal of the old one was fun. PB blaster over night and quite a few heavy swings with a hammer
Het BigGeb, your boat is looking sharp with the steering wheel. I looking to fo the same. How/where did you get the center capsule with the Cobalt Logo?
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 pm
by ksolomon
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:42 pm
Correct. Many of us have purchased steering wheels off ebay from Gussi. They're is a thread in here any that. They will even add the Cobalt spinner for you.
Hello BigBlock, can you please share how you got the center capsule of the steering wheel to have a Cobalt Logo on it?
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:23 am
by Big Block Power
ksolomon wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:42 pm
Correct. Many of us have purchased steering wheels off ebay from Gussi. They're is a thread in here any that. They will even add the Cobalt spinner for you.
Hello BigBlock, can you please share how you got the center capsule of the steering wheel to have a Cobalt Logo on it?
Mine was original from them with it. So it was already on it. But they told us to put in the order comments to say you would like to get it and they sent it. Pretty easy.
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:26 pm
by skno
C0FBA722-FBA9-4A55-9DF3-393D6BCE0C18.jpeg
Here is my vote
Re: Steering wheel
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:30 pm
by tomace13
skno wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:26 pm
C0FBA722-FBA9-4A55-9DF3-393D6BCE0C18.jpeg
Here is my vote
I keep seeing this picture and now I hate the stock gauges on mine. Damnit.