Page 2 of 2

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:06 am
by Big Block Power
So I thought this was funny at least to me. The ad popped up here on the chat and my eyes at first read it as
Half off all pants! 😂😂👖


Or I have something for Marie Osmond🤣🤣🤣

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am
by bruceb58
This is why I keep adblocker on. I's just too ridiculous.

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
by AsLan7
bruceb58 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am This is why I keep adblocker on. I's just too ridiculous.
.
We prefer it off here and an occasional click. ;) ....(at least until we are in the black--which is close 8-) )


.

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 pm
by dustinm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
bruceb58 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am This is why I keep adblocker on. I's just too ridiculous.
.
We prefer it off here and an occasional click. ;) ....(at least until we are in the black--which is close 8-) )


.
Is it just a click or do you have to stay on the ad site for a period of time? I have no problem clicking!!

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:06 pm
by bruceb58
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
bruceb58 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am This is why I keep adblocker on. I's just too ridiculous.
.
We prefer it off here and an occasional click. ;) ....(at least until we are in the black--which is close 8-) )


.
I will turn it off once a week and click away!

Just clicked on some camo gear and some lamps!

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm
by AsLan7
dustinm wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
bruceb58 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am This is why I keep adblocker on. I's just too ridiculous.
.
We prefer it off here and an occasional click. ;) ....(at least until we are in the black--which is close 8-) )


.
Is it just a click or do you have to stay on the ad site for a period of time? I have no problem clicking!!

.
Thanks gents.
Just a click is all it takes as our web traffic grows each year. 👍🏻

Re: Ad's on chat

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm
by jhnmdahl
Yep, we get an small fraction of a penny for each ad displayed, and maybe a few pennies for each ad click. Don’t click things randomly - Google doesn’t like that (and can tell), but occasionally following a link that looks interesting helps pay for our servers.

Thanks again guys for tolerating the ads - it’s what pays the server bills and an occasional lemonade for me ;)

John