Page 2 of 11

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:33 pm
by Ytmsn
No worries BB. Just dig the floor of your garage down about 2 or 3 ft and put a ramp in at the approach. Problem solved!

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm
by Driller
If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:48 pm
by Big Block Power
Driller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.
Oh no!
Measure ten times drill once.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.


Ughhhhh. Driller, I'm so sorry to hear that brother.
What are you using to plug the hole?

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 am
by NautiGirl
Ouch. Easy for me to say, but important thing is no one got hurt and it is repairable. Even though it is just a material possession, it sucks when something happens to it. I cringed a bit for you if it helps :)

We have spent more time than I would like to admit dealing w/ trailer brakes this year, stuff happens. Try to keep a positive attitude and don't let it ruin the rest of the season.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm
by Driller
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm
Driller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.


Ughhhhh. Driller, I'm so sorry to hear that brother.
What are you using to plug the hole?
It's a very small hole- the smallest bit in my set. Took out the gel coat on the outside about half a dime.

Right now I have pumped in 3m 5200 from both sides, and filled the gel coat on the underside with the same.

Figure it will get me thru the rest of the season and then have it professionally repaired.

Did a search online. And it seemed that would be ok.

What do you think?

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:16 pm
by Big Block Power
Driller wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm
Driller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.


Ughhhhh. Driller, I'm so sorry to hear that brother.
What are you using to plug the hole?
It's a very small hole- the smallest bit in my set. Took out the gel coat on the outside about half a dime.

Right now I have pumped in 3m 5200 from both sides, and filled the gel coat on the underside with the same.

Figure it will get me thru the rest of the season and then have it professionally repaired.

Did a search online. And it seemed that would be ok.

What do you think?
I'm sure your fine. That's stuff won't leak.the issue is now getting the gel to stick because of the silicone.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 pm
by liquid
Driller wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm
Driller wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:07 pm If it makes you feel better, I put a hole thru the hull yesterday mounting my auto fire extishisher. Now that's a dumb a$$ mistake.


Ughhhhh. Driller, I'm so sorry to hear that brother.
What are you using to plug the hole?
It's a very small hole- the smallest bit in my set. Took out the gel coat on the outside about half a dime.

Right now I have pumped in 3m 5200 from both sides, and filled the gel coat on the underside with the same.

Figure it will get me thru the rest of the season and then have it professionally repaired.

Did a search online. And it seemed that would be ok.

What do you think?
I think I would've fainted.

It'll be ok though. Not a terrible thing to fix for someone that knows what they're doing. Shouldn't be too expensive either. Sorry pal.

BB - I've never owned a tower so I have no idea. Sorry though pal, I feel your pain. Here - Look at the prop I mangled last year to feel better.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:33 pm
by ajcampen
liquid wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 pm
Driller wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 pm



Ughhhhh. Driller, I'm so sorry to hear that brother.
What are you using to plug the hole?
It's a very small hole- the smallest bit in my set. Took out the gel coat on the outside about half a dime.

Right now I have pumped in 3m 5200 from both sides, and filled the gel coat on the underside with the same.

Figure it will get me thru the rest of the season and then have it professionally repaired.

Did a search online. And it seemed that would be ok.

What do you think?
I think I would've fainted.

It'll be ok though. Not a terrible thing to fix for someone that knows what they're doing. Shouldn't be too expensive either. Sorry pal.

BB - I've never owned a tower so I have no idea. Sorry though pal, I feel your pain. Here - Look at the prop I mangled last year to feel better.
Holy smoke. What happend liquid?

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm
by Ytmsn
Jeesh Liquid! That's not the way to get your wife on-board with you buying a new prop!

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 am
by liquid
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm Jeesh Liquid! That's not the way to get your wife on-board with you buying a new prop!
It actually is YT, it actually is.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am
by liquid
ajcampen wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:33 pm
liquid wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 pm
Driller wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm

It's a very small hole- the smallest bit in my set. Took out the gel coat on the outside about half a dime.

Right now I have pumped in 3m 5200 from both sides, and filled the gel coat on the underside with the same.

Figure it will get me thru the rest of the season and then have it professionally repaired.

Did a search online. And it seemed that would be ok.

What do you think?
I think I would've fainted.

It'll be ok though. Not a terrible thing to fix for someone that knows what they're doing. Shouldn't be too expensive either. Sorry pal.

BB - I've never owned a tower so I have no idea. Sorry though pal, I feel your pain. Here - Look at the prop I mangled last year to feel better.
Holy smoke. What happend liquid?

I'm pretty sure I explained it once but it was pure freak accident.

First day of vacation and there was big storm coming in. Was on a new lake and a super sketchy launch. I wanted to get the boat in the water and on the lift before it really hit. I was back and forth on it about whether it was to gnarly to launch but I did what we all do sometimes and said f it. I'm going to launch it.

I could've launched 1000 times in the same conditions and I would've been fine 999 of them.

Trimmed up, off the launch and backed into a huuuuge wave. Picked me up and put me down. hard... as you can see.

Limped to the lift. kicked myself all night, woke up at 4 am, drove home (why would i bring the extra prop?), drove back. replaced the prop in a dinghy on the water. Was terrified I did damage to the drive (again first day of vacation), hit 52 at WOT and had an awesome vacation. I keep the prop as a reminder to not say F it all the time.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm
by Ytmsn
"I keep the prop as a reminder to not say F it all the time."

😆😆😆 Good Lord if I did that I'd have crap piled everywhere!
20160927_135920.jpg

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm
by Big Block Power
I got my estimate today to fix/replace my tower. Yes it's made out of Cobalt gold.wow. I think a bb is cheaper.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm I got my estimate today to fix/replace my tower. Yes it's made out of Cobalt gold.wow. I think a bb is cheaper.
$2,500-$3,500??