Page 2 of 2
Re: another possibly ridiculous question
Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:56 am
by Krob1114
Lee St.Clair wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm
Every story has a beginning and an end.
Not on this website.
Re: another possibly ridiculous question
Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:23 pm
by clm0fiz
And, I think you have a viable solution if it ever quits; abandon it in place and install one where you want it. Adding a foot or two of suction hose will have very little effect on the Net Positive Suction Head, meaning very little effect on its pumping ability (yeah, I'm a former Navy engineer). My 250 has a backup Jabsco Water Puppy installed next to the outdrive trim pump with a suction hose running down to the lowest point in the bilge. Battery clips to hook it up directly to the #2 battery when I want to use it, and a simple 4-foot garden hose to hang over the side of the boat. I've used it twice when I wanted the bilge really dry. Oh yeah, no drain plug that I am aware of. Will try to get a picture of the installation next time I'm bilge-diving.