Page 2 of 3

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm
by Scubadeep1
BBP what boat are you working on now? I have been looking at your 222 (beautiful boat) but am hung up on the trailer being short in the rear and no where to tie down cleanly. Yes I know I’m being picky.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 pm
by Big Block Power
Scubadeep1 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm BBP what boat are you working on now? I have been looking at your 222 (beautiful boat) but am hung up on the trailer being short in the rear and no where to tie down cleanly. Yes I know I’m being picky.
It's twice the price of my 222. Plus it has a tower. If the trailers the only issue maybe the deal is so good you have money for a diff trailer?

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 pm
by cmattj
2006 Cobalt 220 needs work

Craigslist is always interesting..

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 58198.html


Here's what may be a project with a quoted 496HO..

If it not a salvage maybe?? BB would know

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:43 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 pm 2006 Cobalt 220 needs work

Craigslist is always interesting..

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 58198.html


Here's what may be a project with a quoted 496HO..

If it not a salvage maybe?? BB would know
That thing is a mess. It's a $40k boat but I would like to see what the title says. I wouldn't trust the engine. So really only have a hull.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 am
by Big Block Power
Here are a couple and they are close to you. Both alot more than mine. The red one at Gordys looks nice.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:32 pm
by ajcampen

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 pm
by ajcampen

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 pm
by ColinC
When looking at 222s keep in mind that there was a change in 2009.

2008 and earlier:
LOA - 25'1" with swim platform; 22'6" without
* starting 2009 this hull was re-badged as the 232

2009 and after:
LOA - 23'7" with swim platform; 21'0" without
* prior to 2009 this hull was badged as the 212

The 18" difference in LOA (excl. swim platform) is not insignificant. Most of that space is in the cockpit. If it were me, I'd be looking at an '07 or '08 222 like BBP's, or an '09+ 232.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm
by ColinC
The 220 at Boats by George seems to be priced competitively for a 2013 at $46,900 ask, but with 430 hours on it I would want to know if it was a rental. Also, it doesn't look it comes with a trailer.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:52 pm
by Scubadeep1
Great info ColinC

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm
by Big Block Power
Colin knows the search all too well from last year. That's good info there.

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm
by ajcampen

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 pm
by AsLan7
ajcampen wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm http://travismarine.net/2012-cobalt-220-classic-navy/

Under $40 without trailer
Nice find Ajc. 8-)

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm
by ajcampen

Re: Wanted 2012-2014 220 with trailer

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:03 pm
by Scubadeep1
Thanks everyone, ended up buying this one.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013- ... -103114753