Page 2 of 2

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 pm
by jhnmdahl
The break-in manual recommends bringing it in at 50 hours for the first check, and the owner's manual is consistent with this. It also states that that mineral oil should be used for the first three years or 150 hours (same manual covers V8 225, 270, 300, and 320). Of course I loaded up on Mobil 1 15w-50 before reading this...

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 am
by cobalter
Clearly some changes to the old regimen. Interesting about the Dino oil for 150 hrs. Glad I don't have to return to dealer at 20 hrs.

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm
by Nicad
Just wondering after reading this if the tune on my 2001 5.7 280 HP is leaving power on the table as my local marina is selling 91 octane. This is the only local gas that is ethanol free.
I am assuming my factory tune is set up for 87 octane.

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 pm
by Big Block Power
I really didn't notice much between the two. We have both grades here ethanol free. I have 87 in it now and had 91 just before it.

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:55 pm
by liquid
I never really consider this. I think it's all 91 on my lake.

Makes me wonder if anyone runs E10 in their boats... anyone fill their boats at the gas station on the trailer?

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm
by Big Block Power
Yea I'm sure there are plenty that do that but I wouldn't want to. I know the southern Midwest may not even offer gas without e10. I can get 87,89,91 with no alcohol and I notice no difference what's so ever.

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 pm
by Alaskabound
I fill up at a gas station close to where I store boat, about 4 miles from lake. They have what they call 100% gasoline which contains no ethanol. My last boat, a 2001 Chaparral with 6.2 320 hp, would vapor lock with ethanol gas so as long as I can get good gas, I will.

Dub

Re: 210 with Volvo DP 300 or 320 hp

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 am
by Big Block Power
Yep 100% true. Some of us are lucky that we can get it easily. Some can only get that on the water and pay way too much for it.