Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Only you can answer that. Tammy hey Tammy is back. = Really I would buy a R7 for a few bucks more. It's a future bad money investment so go big so you don't want to do this again in a year. You don't want to get a R5 and say everytime you get in it I wish I would have bought a R7.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
My opinion?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm Would I be crazy to consider an R5? It’s only 4 inches shorter than my 262.
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2018 ... %20listing
https://youtu.be/fu4lAGp2PHc
Get in both where you can judge them side by side. That's what I did when we were choosing , and we literally made our mind up in 1 second.
IMO, the R7 is the perfect size boat and absolutely the best size bang for the buck, and that includes the R30. It just fits people correctly, it works everywhere, where the 5 doesn't.
Going down to an R5 isn't about two feet. It's about losing bow space where you can fully stretch out and fit a third person comfortably. Add the center cushion and you add a fourth.
It's about losing the ability to actually sit around the dinette. Yeah the oblong teak fits in the 5, but you lose the ability to seat a third around it unless it's Herve' Villechaize. The table doesn't have the horizontal space to fit the seating properly , so you have to turn it oblong to not crowd out the back seat and front seat. By doing that, you lose seating along the side.
Fits perfectly on the R7. The R5 should really come with a round table.
The cost difference in minimal when you consider that you will get it all back in resale.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
No. Never go smaller. You and your wife would be perfectly comfortable in that beauty of a boat. But its 4 inches smallertgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm Would I be crazy to consider an R5? It’s only 4 inches shorter than my 262.
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2018 ... %20listing
Btw...the more i see the tahoe interior the more i like it
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
That r5 is at the same place as the R7 used. Just look at both. I bet they can come down at least 10k on that r7. they sold it new so they already made 35% profit on it. Plus they just made that again on the new boat they sold that guy again. So they don't need to make a killing off of you. Just do it
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
The 5 was a little stripped down with a 350..The used 7 was loaded up with a 380.
That R7 that’s been sitting?
PERFECT leverage. My kind of deal. I wouldn’t be afraid of it. Just take the time and check it out. If it’s plush, write a check for 88k and see what happens.
I like to shift all pressure onto the dealer. Stick a check on the owners lap, tell him that’s it, and see if he says no to a done deal.
That R7 that’s been sitting?
PERFECT leverage. My kind of deal. I wouldn’t be afraid of it. Just take the time and check it out. If it’s plush, write a check for 88k and see what happens.
I like to shift all pressure onto the dealer. Stick a check on the owners lap, tell him that’s it, and see if he says no to a done deal.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yea it will be interesting what you hear back on the brokered boat in Lewisville. I would get that before the r5. Same price only 29 hours so it's pretty much new. Only had 1 Glass guage though. Porta poti. But windlass and other goodies.tgrace98 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm I’ve got an email out on the brokerage boat.
The white with red boot stripe at Loto has been for sale for a long time. Plus it doesn’t have the chart plotter so it’s a no.
I looked at the one at Clinton Marine today. They seem to always have cheap R7’s. Might call them Monday.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
So you guys have already talked me out of an R5 lol. So back to the regularly scheduled program. 
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yea that was a easy one. Welcome back to reality.tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:54 pm So you guys have already talked me out of an R5 lol. So back to the regularly scheduled program.![]()
So I just saw Tim picking up his new R7
Here he is putting it in the lake.
https://youtu.be/QV83rkruQ3w
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
What the hell happened to compromise nothing?
A smaller hull? Ain’t nobody have time fo dat..
A smaller hull? Ain’t nobody have time fo dat..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I found liquid puttng his dad's new boat away for the night down in Florida. 





https://youtu.be/j22ybuFCkNM
https://youtu.be/j22ybuFCkNM
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Hahaha idk what I was thinking. I’ve got a 12x32ft slip that R5 would look tiny in there. If anything I should be thinking R30 over R7 or formula 310Tuscany wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm What the hell happened to compromise nothing?
A smaller hull? Ain’t nobody have time fo dat..
And no don’t start posting r30’s. Those cost more than my house.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
You got the itch. Not scratching is hard. We’ll keep an eye on you...
And
Don’t worry. I’m not an R30 fan. It’s wider and longer, but not wowing me at all for the price.
If there is a boat after the R7..which I doubt, I’m into a Formula crossover. So many other things I want other than a boat I can only use for 3-4 months max.
And
Don’t worry. I’m not an R30 fan. It’s wider and longer, but not wowing me at all for the price.
If there is a boat after the R7..which I doubt, I’m into a Formula crossover. So many other things I want other than a boat I can only use for 3-4 months max.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Get one with outboards and take it to Naples in the winterTuscany wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm You got the itch. Not scratching is hard. We’ll keep an eye on you...
And
Don’t worry. I’m not an R30 fan. It’s wider and longer, but not wowing me at all for the price.
If there is a boat after the R7..which I doubt, I’m into a Formula crossover. So many other things I want other than a boat I can only use for 3-4 months max.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Tgrace you ready to put yours up for sale yet? I may have someone looking.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Everything is always for sale for the right priceBig Block Power wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm Tgrace you ready to put yours up for sale yet? I may have someone looking.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests
