Page 11 of 13

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 pm
by Big Block Power
Only you can answer that. Tammy hey Tammy is back. = Really I would buy a R7 for a few bucks more. It's a future bad money investment so go big so you don't want to do this again in a year. You don't want to get a R5 and say everytime you get in it I wish I would have bought a R7.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 pm
by Tuscany
tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm Would I be crazy to consider an R5? It’s only 4 inches shorter than my 262.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2018 ... %20listing
My opinion?
https://youtu.be/fu4lAGp2PHc

Get in both where you can judge them side by side. That's what I did when we were choosing , and we literally made our mind up in 1 second.
IMO, the R7 is the perfect size boat and absolutely the best size bang for the buck, and that includes the R30. It just fits people correctly, it works everywhere, where the 5 doesn't.

Going down to an R5 isn't about two feet. It's about losing bow space where you can fully stretch out and fit a third person comfortably. Add the center cushion and you add a fourth.

It's about losing the ability to actually sit around the dinette. Yeah the oblong teak fits in the 5, but you lose the ability to seat a third around it unless it's Herve' Villechaize. The table doesn't have the horizontal space to fit the seating properly , so you have to turn it oblong to not crowd out the back seat and front seat. By doing that, you lose seating along the side.
Fits perfectly on the R7. The R5 should really come with a round table.

The cost difference in minimal when you consider that you will get it all back in resale.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:53 pm
by Table Rockin
tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm Would I be crazy to consider an R5? It’s only 4 inches shorter than my 262.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2018 ... %20listing
No. Never go smaller. You and your wife would be perfectly comfortable in that beauty of a boat. But its 4 inches smaller 😉

Btw...the more i see the tahoe interior the more i like it

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:08 pm
by Big Block Power
That r5 is at the same place as the R7 used. Just look at both. I bet they can come down at least 10k on that r7. they sold it new so they already made 35% profit on it. Plus they just made that again on the new boat they sold that guy again. So they don't need to make a killing off of you. Just do it

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm
by Tuscany
The 5 was a little stripped down with a 350..The used 7 was loaded up with a 380.

That R7 that’s been sitting?
PERFECT leverage. My kind of deal. I wouldn’t be afraid of it. Just take the time and check it out. If it’s plush, write a check for 88k and see what happens.
I like to shift all pressure onto the dealer. Stick a check on the owners lap, tell him that’s it, and see if he says no to a done deal.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:15 pm
by Big Block Power
tgrace98 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm I’ve got an email out on the brokerage boat.

The white with red boot stripe at Loto has been for sale for a long time. Plus it doesn’t have the chart plotter so it’s a no.

I looked at the one at Clinton Marine today. They seem to always have cheap R7’s. Might call them Monday.
Yea it will be interesting what you hear back on the brokered boat in Lewisville. I would get that before the r5. Same price only 29 hours so it's pretty much new. Only had 1 Glass guage though. Porta poti. But windlass and other goodies.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:54 pm
by tgrace98
So you guys have already talked me out of an R5 lol. So back to the regularly scheduled program. 😎

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm
by Big Block Power
tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:54 pm So you guys have already talked me out of an R5 lol. So back to the regularly scheduled program. 😎
Yea that was a easy one. Welcome back to reality.

So I just saw Tim picking up his new R7😂😂
Here he is putting it in the lake.
https://youtu.be/QV83rkruQ3w

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm
by Tuscany
What the hell happened to compromise nothing?🤣

A smaller hull? Ain’t nobody have time fo dat..

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 pm
by Big Block Power
I found liquid puttng his dad's new boat away for the night down in Florida. 🌴🌴😂😂😂😂
https://youtu.be/j22ybuFCkNM

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm
by tgrace98
Tuscany wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm What the hell happened to compromise nothing?🤣

A smaller hull? Ain’t nobody have time fo dat..
Hahaha idk what I was thinking. I’ve got a 12x32ft slip that R5 would look tiny in there. If anything I should be thinking R30 over R7 or formula 310 😎.

And no don’t start posting r30’s. Those cost more than my house.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm
by Tuscany
You got the itch. Not scratching is hard. We’ll keep an eye on you...🤒
And
Don’t worry. I’m not an R30 fan. It’s wider and longer, but not wowing me at all for the price.
If there is a boat after the R7..which I doubt, I’m into a Formula crossover. So many other things I want other than a boat I can only use for 3-4 months max.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:31 pm
by tgrace98
Tuscany wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm You got the itch. Not scratching is hard. We’ll keep an eye on you...🤒
And
Don’t worry. I’m not an R30 fan. It’s wider and longer, but not wowing me at all for the price.
If there is a boat after the R7..which I doubt, I’m into a Formula crossover. So many other things I want other than a boat I can only use for 3-4 months max.
Get one with outboards and take it to Naples in the winter 😎

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm
by Big Block Power
Tgrace you ready to put yours up for sale yet? I may have someone looking.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm
by tgrace98
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm Tgrace you ready to put yours up for sale yet? I may have someone looking.
Everything is always for sale for the right price