Page 11 of 18

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 am
by Big Block Power
Yea I bought a ton of ferrules for all connections.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:10 pm
by Homeskillet
I think I'm just gonna stick the bare wire in and snug up the set screws. There is an acrylic-like access panel that I might secure the fuses too when I tidy things up. I need to find some examples/pictures online of how and where to tidy up the wiring.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:38 pm
by Big Block Power
Yea lots of people are putting everything on starboard or something similar. I'm debating on what I'm going to do yet. I have ideas in my head that's it.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 pm
by Homeskillet
So I got everything all hooked up except for the sub and the sub amp. Speaker sound phenomenal with no sub. Only issue I'm having now is when I go to my aux setting on the head unit, the amp shuts off. Can't figure out how to play thru my phone. I'll try the bluetooth adapter and see if that helps

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:44 pm
by Homeskillet
Nope Nothing changed with the use of the Bluetooth adapter I didn't think it would anyway because it has to be set on aux

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:05 pm
by Homeskillet
O man I am in I go out on a limb and say I figured it out after reading that there are 2 remote on wires; one is for the antenna that only works when the radio is on, and the other is for power. I must have used the radio 1.

I am going to try that right now.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 pm
by Homeskillet
Boom!

Took Nauti's advice and cranked a little Beegees "Stayin' Alive" lol!

I will also say you were right - complete night and day difference! Rocks like crazy!

Sub is next :)

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:42 pm
by Big Block Power
Pictures or it didn't happen. Is she loud and clean. I'm curious to hear the diff from a kicker amp to the wet sounds amp.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:48 pm
by NautiGirl
Homeskillet wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:05 pm O man I am in I go out on a limb and say I figured it out after reading that there are 2 remote on wires; one is for the antenna that only works when the radio is on, and the other is for power. I must have used the radio 1.

I am going to try that right now.
That's my fault - light blue is antenna power wire dark blue is amp turn on. Sorry :lol:
Homeskillet wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 pm Boom!

Took Nauti's advice and cranked a little Beegees "Stayin' Alive" lol!

I will also say you were right - complete night and day difference! Rocks like crazy!

Sub is next :)
Awesome that everything is working and sounding good. I am jealous you have everything done and got to play some music even if it was just in the garage. It needs to get warm so me and my new helper dog can go finish ours up.

Congrats!

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:22 pm
by Homeskillet
Gotta clean up the floor a bit then I'll send pix of the speakers. Don't have the amp mounted either but here it is all hooked up with the power on (those are my dryer sheets laying there too...gotta keep the mices out ya know!)

Can't believe how awesome they sound. It's not just loud... sounds warm and musical too. But really really loud too lol! I mean REALLY loud!!!

20190303_171750.jpg

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:29 pm
by Homeskillet
My bad... forgot the logo :)
20190303_172816.jpg

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:14 pm
by Big Block Power
Did you play with the settings yet? So glad to hear that your like it.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:55 pm
by Homeskillet
Yep! I have the gains adjusted according to where the speakers are, and imo, sounding perfect for my taste (thats my permanent "fade" function right there too I think).

The speakers under the consoles are in their own little sub boxes sort of, so they seem to have more bass. The rears sound very nice too. The crossovers are right at about 80-90 right now. I'm sure I'll need to tweak them after the sub gets hooked up.

I certainly couldn't have gotten this far without all the help from all of you. I'm very grateful to all of you!

I realized a couple of things after making a couple of mistakes, too. I think when it's all done, i will post the small handful of goofs, along with their remedies (that worked for me and my skill set that is lol).

Still gotta get the fuses in. I didn't want to monkey with them until I was sure the rest of it was good. I had it cranked for over an hour and the amp was cold to the touch.

I'll be looking for photos of clean looking, professional installations to mirror. I'll include those too if I find them.

This sure has been fun and educational for me. This stuff is (was) way out of my wheelhouse. Not saying I know what I'm doing to the point where I'd feel comfortable doing someone else's boat yet. But I'd be a solid wingman!

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 pm
by Big Block Power
Very cool. Yea without a sub I had my rear speakers set with more bass then the frts. Did you leave your head flat then.

Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:24 pm
by Homeskillet
I left it flat when I set the gain. Once set, I adjusted the EQ, DSO, etc.