Page 11 of 11
Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 pm
by sailor55330
Saw a lot of blisters when I had my sailboat in Galveston. Nasty repair job as everyone of them has to be completely dug our and filled and smoothed. Make sure you take it to someone who is familiar with blister repair. I would never tackle that myself. Good luck and let us know
Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm
by Big Block Power
sailor55330 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Saw a lot of blisters when I had my sailboat in Galveston. Nasty repair job as everyone of them has to be completely dug our and filled and smoothed. Make sure you take it to someone who is familiar with blister repair. I would never tackle that myself. Good luck and let us know
Agreed.
My buddy used it one more year. It looked pretty good in the spring. He stored it in a unheated shop and they didn't Crack. I guess it could. Then he sold the boat. That's not a cheap job. Maybe check with your insurance company. I would cry if mine did that. As A7 said it's not uncommon for the marine industry.
Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 pm
by akorcovelos
awesome!
Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 am
by sailor55330
Fiberglass is a porous material that will allow then osmosis of water to happen. If you are going to leave it in the water bottom paint is a must and even then not a guarantee against blisters. Also, There are several types of bottom paint—-ablative, copper based and even formulations for salt vs fresh water. Make sure you get someone knowledgeable. Most of all. Don’t pop them!
Good luck