Page 11 of 30

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm
by Driller
Here's another for John. Congrats man.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 pm
by Driller
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 am
I have an excellent condition original pressing of this album. PF produced so many greats. This is audio art perfection though. Listening to the entire DSOTM album this AM...
I assume you have played this album while watching the Wizard of OZ? Pretty interesting. Some speculation it was made with the movie in mind.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 am
I have an excellent condition original pressing of this album. PF produced so many greats. This is audio art perfection though. Listening to the entire DSOTM album this AM...
I assume you have played this album while watching the Wizard of OZ? Pretty interesting. Some speculation it was made with the movie in mind.
.

Oh yes. I don’t believe it was intentional though. Alan Parsons does not believe it’s intentional either. That being said, there are some amazing coincidences. (Like the cash register opening when Dorothy enters Munchkin land. Brain Damage playing with the scare crow. )

Btw, love that Marc Cohn song. Never heard it before. I played it on my IPad and immediately my wife says “ Hey, that sounds like Marc Cohn!” Plus, my son is back from college this week and we were listening to “Walking in Memphis “ this afternoon. He asks “if it’s the same guy”. Kind of a cool coincidence. Remember when Marc was shot in the head a number of years ago? Amazing he survived that car jacking.



.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm
by Driller
Yes. He has had a lot to deal with, losing his mother at that very young age which it seems he has never fully resolved. Great song writer.

That album has another great song on it also "Don't talk to her at night".


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:26 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm Yes. He has had a lot to deal with, losing his mother at that very young age which it seems he has never fully resolved. Great song writer.

That album has another great song on it also "Don't talk to her at night".
Yes. He’s been thru quite a bit.
Thx brutha.
I’ll check it out!

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 pm
by Driller
A personal story. My father-in-law was a cotton farmer on the south plains of Texas. One of those guys who you immediately connect with the minute you meet them. The last year he farmed, he farmed 3000 acres of dry land cotton. Went bankrupt. Lost it all. I watched him go from a multi-millionaire to dead broke in a period of about 7 years. Didn't change who he was one bit. He got sobriety, led myself and too many people to count down that same path with just a quite word or two and by his example. I never hear this song I don't think of him.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:16 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 pm A personal story. My father-in-law was a cotton farmer on the south plains of Texas. One of those guys who you immediately connect with the minute you meet them. The last year he farmed, he farmed 3000 acres of dry land cotton. Went bankrupt. Lost it all. I watched him go from a multi-millionaire to dead broke in a period of about 7 years. Didn't change who he was one bit. He got sobriety, led myself and too many people to count down that same path with just a quite word or two and by his example. I never hear this song I don't think of him.
.
That's a powerful story Driller. Echoes of James 1:2-4
Btw, we saw John Gorka open for a fave of my wife & mine...Nanci Griffith.




.
To your father-in-law-- who didn't follow the money but followed his heart... 8-)
.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 pm
by Driller
Thanks A7

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm
by Bfun220
Been listening to this lately.

Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 pm
by Driller
Take me to the River!!!!!!


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:02 pm
by Driller
And another classic.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am
by AsLan7





Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:05 am
by Table Rockin
This is a lesser known band that I'm a huge fan of. The lead singer has a great voice for their style of music.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 am
by Table Rockin
another. My understanding is Patrick Carney from the Black Keys "discovered" them.


Re: What are you listening to.....

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am
by Table Rockin
one more....