Shoot me a pm I'll give you my number. Then send me pictures and price. I'll guard them on to him.tgrace98 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pmEverything is always for sale for the right priceBig Block Power wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm Tgrace you ready to put yours up for sale yet? I may have someone looking.
Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
[quote="Big Block Power" post_id=44369 time=1546823960 I'll guard them on to him.
[/quote]
Im not sure how i feel about this?
[/quote]
Im not sure how i feel about this?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Im not sure how i feel about this?Table Rockin wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:50 pm [quote="Big Block Power" post_id=44369 time=1546823960 I'll guard them on to him.
[/quote]
Send. Thanks.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I did finally talk to the person that has the black 2016
The original owner did not winterize it the first year (shocker being a Texas boat) and the heat exchanger popped and it had to be replaced. That is enough for me to walk away from a 100k boat. So that one is off the list.
At this point I believe I am just going to keep my eye out for a deal I cannot pass up on a 2017+. Or If I do not find it I will order a new one at the end of the 2019 boating season.
The original owner did not winterize it the first year (shocker being a Texas boat) and the heat exchanger popped and it had to be replaced. That is enough for me to walk away from a 100k boat. So that one is off the list.
At this point I believe I am just going to keep my eye out for a deal I cannot pass up on a 2017+. Or If I do not find it I will order a new one at the end of the 2019 boating season.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
TG,tgrace98 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:23 am I did finally talk to the person that has the black 2016
The original owner did not winterize it the first year (shocker being a Texas boat) and the heat exchanger popped and it had to be replaced. That is enough for me to walk away from a 100k boat. So that one is off the list.
At this point I believe I am just going to keep my eye out for a deal I cannot pass up on a 2017+. Or If I do not find it I will order a new one at the end of the 2019 boating season.
IMO, parts can be replaced without further issue.
Since you and he knows the boat had a one time flaw......Low ball the heck out of him and see if he bites...You never know.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Tuscany wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 pmTG,tgrace98 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:23 am I did finally talk to the person that has the black 2016
The original owner did not winterize it the first year (shocker being a Texas boat) and the heat exchanger popped and it had to be replaced. That is enough for me to walk away from a 100k boat. So that one is off the list.
At this point I believe I am just going to keep my eye out for a deal I cannot pass up on a 2017+. Or If I do not find it I will order a new one at the end of the 2019 boating season.
IMO, parts can be replaced without further issue.
Since you and he knows the boat had a one time flaw......Low ball the heck out of him and see if he bites...You never know.
When he told me the heat exchanger had been replaced I cringed while talking to him. Also he emailed me the service records and I only see 1 oil change performed at the 20hr service mark and that is it. So 1 oil change in 3 years is also not right. I don't care that the boat only has 29hrs on it. I still won't buy it.
I've owned poorly maintained boats in the past and it is just headache after headache. Boating is supposed to be enjoyable not constant work
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Well Tg... maybe the owner will leave that out of the conversation next time. At least he was uncomfortably upfront right?
You’ll be wowed soon. Plenty of time pal!
You’ll be wowed soon. Plenty of time pal!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Ok with Tuscany here. Low ball it. It's got a 5 year warranty so no out of pocket money to you. If you have issues trade it in without losing your butt. No loss. But gain a R7 ride and drive.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
20% discount on new? I’ll pass.
For me, it’s about cost of ownership, period. I hate eating depreciation on something, more than I love enjoying it. If I can buy it right, I’m in.
If he would accept 88-90k, you can own it for 5 years for practically nothing. It’ll always be worth mid 80s.
For me, it’s about cost of ownership, period. I hate eating depreciation on something, more than I love enjoying it. If I can buy it right, I’m in.
If he would accept 88-90k, you can own it for 5 years for practically nothing. It’ll always be worth mid 80s.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Hearye, hearye. I absolutely agree with Tuscany and BB.
Tgrace you should make a run at that boat. 29 hours is nothing on oil. You put more time than that on your boat this year and probably didn't change it in the middle of the summer?
I bought my 240 with an engine that had cracks like an egg on each side and NO maintenance during it's one owner life. I fired a shot from the hip to start the negotiations and he just shrugged and said "okay".
W wait.. What?!! It was a struggle not to scream and dance but I kept a poker face and frowned the whole time.
Lay out the reasons you have reservations, make sure he knows boating season is way off, and fire a shot from the hip. If he has the money to buy a new Cobalt and sell at a discount, he probably has plenty of problems, but money isn't one of them.
Fire a shot! If you hit, you get a smmmmokin deal that makes money this spring or next year if you dont like it. And you lose nothing if you miss. Negotiations One-o-One!
Tgrace you should make a run at that boat. 29 hours is nothing on oil. You put more time than that on your boat this year and probably didn't change it in the middle of the summer?
I bought my 240 with an engine that had cracks like an egg on each side and NO maintenance during it's one owner life. I fired a shot from the hip to start the negotiations and he just shrugged and said "okay".
W wait.. What?!! It was a struggle not to scream and dance but I kept a poker face and frowned the whole time.
Lay out the reasons you have reservations, make sure he knows boating season is way off, and fire a shot from the hip. If he has the money to buy a new Cobalt and sell at a discount, he probably has plenty of problems, but money isn't one of them.
Fire a shot! If you hit, you get a smmmmokin deal that makes money this spring or next year if you dont like it. And you lose nothing if you miss. Negotiations One-o-One!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
And a checkbook in hand and on the table for all to see usually makes the seller do things he shouldn’t.
What do you think YT, scratch a check for 85? That’s the number I’d offer. 50-50 he takes it.
What do you think YT, scratch a check for 85? That’s the number I’d offer. 50-50 he takes it.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
As a 35 year old IT guy if I wrote a check for 85k it would bounce all over town lol.
As good of a number as that sounds I'd need big red to be gone before I could make a move on something like this. I've talked to a few places and the numbers they are giving me for trade are obviously about 5-10k below market value of the boat. So I need to get my boat sold. I was mainly just seeing what was out there on the used market.
Been talking to the wife and I think the best move is to save some more money and get another season out of big red. List it towards the end of the season. Then spend next winter finding a deal. You guys have posted a bunch of nice boats in here that I believe would be worth making a deal on. So I know I will find one. Hopefully by next off season there are more 17's and 18's out there with the updated interior.
As good of a number as that sounds I'd need big red to be gone before I could make a move on something like this. I've talked to a few places and the numbers they are giving me for trade are obviously about 5-10k below market value of the boat. So I need to get my boat sold. I was mainly just seeing what was out there on the used market.
Been talking to the wife and I think the best move is to save some more money and get another season out of big red. List it towards the end of the season. Then spend next winter finding a deal. You guys have posted a bunch of nice boats in here that I believe would be worth making a deal on. So I know I will find one. Hopefully by next off season there are more 17's and 18's out there with the updated interior.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Interesting....i just did a search on BT. R7 starting from TRL area within 500 miles. There are only a handful of R7s available for sale that arent brand new. Thats crazy low inventory IMO. Id guess however there will be several popping up over the next month or so as boat show deals get consummated.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Hell maybe i should throw mine out there and make a few bucks.....and then buy a bayliner 
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
hahaha. You would have to move on over to Indian Point Marina then. I don't think any bayliners are allowed at The Harbor.Table Rockin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 am Hell maybe i should throw mine out there and make a few bucks.....and then buy a bayliner![]()
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 29 guests
