Page 13 of 13
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
by gdane
Big Red, Just came back from the KC boat show and spoke with Lake Viking. He is offering on the R7's about 5% more off MSRP than what the Harbor was offering. FYI Also something to note that Cobalt has already sold out all the 2019 Volvo forward drives for the SURF boats. Just goes to show how popular those boats are!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 pm
by Big Block Power
gdane wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
Big Red, Just came back from the KC boat show and spoke with Lake Viking. He is offering on the R7's about 5% more off MSRP than what the Harbor was offering. FYI Also something to note that Cobalt has already sold out all the 2019 Volvo forward drives for the SURF boats. Just goes to show how popular those boats are!
Sounds like cobalt needs to call Volvo and order more. What are they thinking. Sorry we ran out of inventory you have to wait another year or go buy a regal or Bayliner.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:03 pm
by gdane
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 pm
gdane wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
Big Red, Just came back from the KC boat show and spoke with Lake Viking. He is offering on the R7's about 5% more off MSRP than what the Harbor was offering. FYI Also something to note that Cobalt has already sold out all the 2019 Volvo forward drives for the SURF boats. Just goes to show how popular those boats are!
Sounds like cobalt needs to call Volvo and order more. What are they thinking. Sorry we ran out of inventory you have to wait another year or go buy a regal or Bayliner.
BBP I willing to bet it's not Cobalt's fault it's Volvo's Look how many manufactures are using Volvo's forward drive! Wonder where Volvo is manufacturing these drives?
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm
by tgrace98
gdane wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
Big Red, Just came back from the KC boat show and spoke with Lake Viking. He is offering on the R7's about 5% more off MSRP than what the Harbor was offering. FYI Also something to note that Cobalt has already sold out all the 2019 Volvo forward drives for the SURF boats. Just goes to show how popular those boats are!
Thanks for the info Dane! I’m going to talk to Dri-port the STL cobalt dealer and see what kind of percentage they will do or if they can even sell me a boat.
And that’s crazy they are already sold out on surf models. I wonder if it is because dealers already bought up the build slots.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm
by Big Block Power
Ok guys TG just sent me another boat he's looking at. So let's convince him.
https://www.villagemarina.com/default.a ... dInventory
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 pm
by akorcovelos
THAT is a badass rig there!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm
by Table Rockin
This is right up your alley TG! Do it!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 am
by tgrace98
Hahaha nice try BBP.
Well quick update I did put an offer in on the black 2016 in Texas.
I offered 87,500 and the guy had actually received another offer of 90,000.
So he countered back at both of us at 95,000 and the other guy ended up going up to 98,000 to ensure he gets the boat. He got a deal on the boat. It just wasn’t the one for me.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 am
by Tuscany
Good for you, TG.
Nothing wrong with a swing and a miss. IMO, never swinging means you never had a chance to connect.
The right deal will come along and you’ll know it when you connect!

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 am
by Ytmsn
Haha! Tusc I would like to go on a trade with you to see what I could learn! Jeesh we think so much alike...
I LOVE trading, buying, selling, negotiating... I've been doing it since high school, and one of the biggest reasons I got into my business. To me, it's the hunt and the deal.. making it a win win for both sides. Too many times a buyer is trying to rape a seller, and sometimes can get it done. I'd rather solve the problem and make either side feel good when they make the deal. It's way more gratifying to me than taking advantage of either side. Relationship and discovery (on both sides, pitching or catching) is the key to the deal IMO.
And selling is the same. Making a case as to why my price is what it is... market comparison, needs and wants, supply and demand. I love it. I have found that most folks dont like selling something, and are even worse at buying. I really really like trading with those old guys that have been doing it forever. I learn something every time. I usually get skinned, but I still learn from it.
So mr. Tuscany, I'd like to be a mouse in your pocket when your trying to buy or sell something! I'm sure I could learn a lot from you!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am
by gdane
tgrace98 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm
gdane wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
Big Red, Just came back from the KC boat show and spoke with Lake Viking. He is offering on the R7's about 5% more off MSRP than what the Harbor was offering. FYI Also something to note that Cobalt has already sold out all the 2019 Volvo forward drives for the SURF boats. Just goes to show how popular those boats are!
Thanks for the info Dane! I’m going to talk to Dri-port the STL cobalt dealer and see what kind of percentage they will do or if they can even sell me a boat.
And that’s crazy they are already sold out on surf models. I wonder if it is because dealers already bought up the build slots.
Big Red, I didn't ask that question but I think it's because Cobalt can't get anymore Volvo forward drives.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:24 am
by Tuscany
Haha YT, you are being very humble my friend. I think we could all learn a lot from your experiences.

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:02 pm
by AsLan7
tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 am
Hahaha nice try BBP.
Well quick update I did put an offer in on the black 2016 in Texas.
I offered 87,500 and the guy had actually received another offer of 90,000.
So he countered back at both of us at 95,000 and the other guy ended up going up to 98,000 to ensure he gets the boat. He got a deal on the boat. It just wasn’t the one for me.
Forgive me TG98 but I think I'm secretly happy inside, as this means you are still a member of the elite 260 series club.
....kinda like the kid on the swim platform in the picture below..
.
.
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pm
by tgrace98
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:02 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 am
Hahaha nice try BBP.
Well quick update I did put an offer in on the black 2016 in Texas.
I offered 87,500 and the guy had actually received another offer of 90,000.
So he countered back at both of us at 95,000 and the other guy ended up going up to 98,000 to ensure he gets the boat. He got a deal on the boat. It just wasn’t the one for me.
Forgive me TG98 but I think I'm secretly happy inside, as this means you are still a member of the elite 260 series club.
....kinda like the kid on the swim platform in the picture below..
.
.
Hahahahaha, if I was able to stand on an extended swim platform on big red maybe I wouldn’t already be looking!

Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm
by Ytmsn
SwimdecksdotcomI'mtellingyou! I know I know. It's not OEM. Who cares? When you stand out there on it, when you swim up to it, when you stand back and see it, the thought of keeping with OEM will go out the window. Just buy the freakin thing and have it put on. You WON'T regret it!