Page 13 of 18

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am
by Tuscany
Alaska, smart move.
In order to have peace of mind, you have to have service from a franchised dealer.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 pm
by Tuscany
Not too much to report on the building this week. The overhead doors go in Thursday, and we moved the shed that was next to the building to an apartment this morning.
Next week, I'm hoping to bring the grade up to the building, and I'm hoping to tear out the old blacktop driveway. Hopefully, the great weather stays dry and gives us a few more weeks to work with.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 pm
by NautiGirl
Alaskabound wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am Nauti, I guess we just have one dealer in the state now. Don't know if anyone will take over the Boating Center franchise in Crestwood. I have to say that would have made a slight difference in my purchasing decision. Although we had looked at the Cobalts for years, we actually saw the boat we ended up buying at the boat show this year. Had there not been Cobalts there, we would not have bought as we did not go to the show looking for another boat. Having a servicing dealer is important to me so I hope someone picks it up. Stokely's in Lexington is a an old dealer but that's 1 1/2 hours away.

Dub
On my last visit to the boating center, the guys mentioned that they hoped someone would pick it up but they also just leased the space there so who knows. I've always thought Stockley and cobalt was an odd combo... They aren't far from me but would probably make a call to Lodder's in Cinci first if I needed anything.... I'm up that way for work and they are a much larger dealer.

Dave and George were really great to us so wish them well... They are ready to go use their own boats now instead of dealing with everyone else's!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm
by liquid
Tuscany wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm There is good reason for Cobalt's to be scarce in my area.

My dealer (Lake Chautauqua) is relatively new to Cobalt. They are not a big dealership and do not carry more than two or three Cobalt's at a time. They have been a Chaparral/Mastercraft/Bennington dealer for years, and just took on Cobalt three years ago.
I'm the first R7 they have ever sold. They typically stock the Gateway stuff, and maybe an R3. They had a 5 last year, but it usually takes a year+ to sell an R series. Short season here folks.
There is no Cobalt dealer in the Buffalo area, so no representation on eastern Lake Erie. The next closest dealer is on the Finger Lakes which is about a 2-3 hour drive from Buffalo.
That's my dealer on my lake. German brothers. They don't have a huge outfit or a showroom but they sure do things the right way.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 am
by Alaskabound
Yep Dave & George are nice guys. I wish them well but sorry they are closing. Forgot about Lodder's. They've been around forever. I agree about Stokely's. I lived in Lexington in 70's & 80's and don't remember them carrying any "big" name brands. I think they had Arrowglass. Hopefully I won't need any warranty work anyway.

Dub

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:36 pm
by Tuscany
Coming along.
Water hook up was today.
Finish grading and top soil tomorrow, driveway and grass seed next week. Then I'm sure my wife will landscape it.

Right garage doors,...wrong windows🙃
The windows were suppose to match the rest of the building.
New window panels on order..

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm
by Driller
Your new boat home is looking so first class. I really appreciate the design. That's one great looking building. Truly a class act all the way!!

P.S. I'm not just saying that so that I will be invited to the Grand Opening.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm
by Tuscany
Driller wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm Your new boat home is looking so first class. I really appreciate the design. That's one great looking building. Truly a class act all the way!!

P.S. I'm not just saying that so that I will be invited to the Grand Opening.
Everyone here is invited my friend. One big happy twisted Cobalt family.
Just get ahold of Big Block, he's providing the air travel😂😂

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm
by cmattj
Looks amazing T! Drainage underground.. insulated.. you thought of everything!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm
by Big Block Power
Tuscany wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm
Driller wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm Your new boat home is looking so first class. I really appreciate the design. That's one great looking building. Truly a class act all the way!!

P.S. I'm not just saying that so that I will be invited to the Grand Opening.
Everyone here is invited my friend. One big happy twisted Cobalt family.
Just get ahold of Big Block, he's providing the air travel😂😂
Lol I'm not the one with the big plane with endless amounts of fuel on board :-) I volunteered A7 for the ride.lol I was providing the cheese and extra boats. Lol

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:02 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Tuscany wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm
Driller wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm Your new boat home is looking so first class. I really appreciate the design. That's one great looking building. Truly a class act all the way!!

P.S. I'm not just saying that so that I will be invited to the Grand Opening.
Everyone here is invited my friend. One big happy twisted Cobalt family.
Just get ahold of Big Block, he's providing the air travel😂😂
Lol I'm not the one with the big plane with endless amounts of fuel on board :-) I volunteered A7 for the ride.lol I was providing the cheese and extra boats. Lol

I'm in! Time to fire up the plane. 👍😁

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 pm
by ajcampen
Who needs a ride to the party...I'll swing by with my tow tig

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:37 pm
by Tuscany
You have a point BB. 🤔
I think we can land that 707 AsLan flies at our local airport.
The hippie van will be perfect!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:02 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Tuscany wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Everyone here is invited my friend. One big happy twisted Cobalt family.
Just get ahold of Big Block, he's providing the air travel😂😂
Lol I'm not the one with the big plane with endless amounts of fuel on board :-) I volunteered A7 for the ride.lol I was providing the cheese and extra boats. Lol

I'm in! Time to fire up the plane. 👍😁
Just say your going to the EAA and pick up :-). The shaggin wagon. Liquid no ideas! :-)

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 pm
by AsLan7
Lol
Nice BbP