Page 3 of 4
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 pm
by Big Block Power
Yes nada vs market value can be quite a bit different. If it's clean it's going to cost you more. Nada is a guide for me just like boat trader is a guide. Each market is different. Up here I think boats go for more as they're are less good ones around. This is my opinion only but that'sa $19000.00 boat tops. My buddy just sold his with a 350 mag for $18000.00
That engine is a throttle body engine from what I can see. Reliable but not my choice. Plus you have a grand to get it up here. If you buy it I have a Texas connection but not a Colorado connection. I got lucky on uship when I posted it a guy was 7 miles from it. Had the boat 2 days later.
Also look at sofi lending. I've heard good things about them.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am
by TinCupp
I have gone back to the seller with a $19K offer and we have decided we're not going to get there on price. I did also check on the 200 but it is sold. I am going to keep plugging away and might inquire on the Lewisville 226 to see if they can come south at all on price.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am
by TinCupp
Lewisville 226 is in a lot tougher shape than the Boat Trader listing makes it sound. Quite a bit of seat damage to the vinyl and would need some additional work to get it to where I’d like it. Replacement motor I believe too, which makes me nervous on it.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm
by Big Block Power
TinCupp wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am
Lewisville 226 is in a lot tougher shape than the Boat Trader listing makes it sound. Quite a bit of seat damage to the vinyl and would need some additional work to get it to where I’d like it. Replacement motor I believe too, which makes me nervous on it.
That engine had 80 original hours on it. One owner boat and they sold it new. Yes it needs love. How much are you willing to put into it. I'll talk to you off line on it. So the red 200 in Iowa is sold.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 pm
by Bobo87
I used uship for the 2007 212 I bought in January to ship to the Houston, TX area from the Charlotte, NC area. Boat didn’t have a trailer but it was about $1300 all said and done.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 pm
by Big Block Power
I make sure I get the driver's info so if I need them later I can get it cheaper or he makes more without the darn uship fees. They take a huge cut of it.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 pm
by Bobo87
I totally agree with BBP. I know I got the guys info from mine written down if you want it I can look for it. It was fun though to see biding process though. I had prices dropping even on the last day in the last few hours my bid was out there.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 pm
by Big Block Power
I sent the one where he lives in the same city I believe the boat is in. We missed a really nice 220 in NM. It was a steal.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm
by TinCupp
Yeah, super bummed to miss out on the New Mexico 220 but big thanks to Big Block on pointing it out. Reguardless of missing it, I’m moving quick on the 226 with the 496 in Lewisville, TX. Ive got the agreement in hand so pretty much wrapped, pending a survey.
I’ve reached out to the Texas connection for transport but not heard back quite yet. I may be flying down next week and just renting something to pull it back the family is pretty anxious to get on the lake. Flights cheap but not found a reasonable truck yet with capacity for the tow.
Anyway, I’m hoping by this time next week that I’m posting as an actual Cobalt owner, thanks to the help of ya’ll.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 am
by Bobo87
Tinncup - i Saw that 246 in Lewisville when I was look Ng late last year. If it is the same one you should get a great price. I have heard good things about hat cobalt dealerships but in the end I got mine in NC. If you are looking for a truck to haul the boat I know some folks who found renting a Uhual box truck to be the cheastest way to pull a boat. Send some me pictures when you can.

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 am
by Driller
TinCupp wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm
I’ve reached out to the Texas connection for transport but not heard back quite yet.
My friend tried BbP’s TX connection also. Never got a call back and moved on to UShip. Maybe he’s on a long vacation at the cross bar motel. He is a reputed friend of BBP.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am
by Big Block Power
Driller wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 am
TinCupp wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm
I’ve reached out to the Texas connection for transport but not heard back quite yet.
My friend tried BbP’s TX connection also. Never got a call back and moved on to UShip. Maybe he’s on a long vacation at the cross bar motel. He is a reputed friend of BBP.
I just heard back from him and he was at this slip sleeping in some cobalt named the driller Express !
Bobo it's a 226 not a 246. Are you guys close to that boat dealer?
Also I called Enterprise truck rental. I looked at uhaul once and couldn't remember if they had hitches or the towing capacity. Worth checking into.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 am
by Ytmsn
I drive right by that dealership twice a week. I'd sure be willing to stop and look it over if that'll help?
Send me a PM Tincup and we can talk about it.
Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 am
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 am
I drive right by that dealership twice a week. I'd sure be willing to stop and look it over if that'll help?
Send me a PM Tincup and we can talk about it.
Are they on the water?
They are not trying to hide anything which is nice. They've sent almost 50 pictures. But as I say pictures are still better then it looks in person. Except on one of my finished products.

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:11 am
by Ytmsn
They're not far, maybe a half mile from the lake.
But I just realized I won't be able to look at it anyway. I'm flying to KC in the morning, then to Dallas on Tuesday, and back to OKC Tuesday afternoon. Then towing my boat to the lake on Wednesday for the holiday before I go to Springfield for an auction.
Next Monday I'll be driving right by the Lewisville dealer, but that's Memorial day so they'll be closed. Maybe Tuesday on the way back?
If it'll help, I could look at it then?