Page 3 of 5

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm
by Tuscany
cmattj wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:50 pm Change is scary isn’t it?

We like , and hate the feeling all in one thought. These moments in all industries have came, and passed as will these changes that appear to effect so many people.

Will we see the next big growth in this EV arena? Possibly . What was once the MFG trick in reaching the requirements of fuel mpg by having hybrids in the mean of models produced , has now become a need for the consumer.

All great points here. From the used market becoming stronger and classics becoming scarce. (Yes people fix up Novas now. ) lol

Silly GM Used to think having a Camaro, and a Firebird was essential . Sounds crazy now doesn’t it. See it’s just painful to watch Change.

And yes GM and Honda are back at it ( Yes they did Saturn together years ago) . Will the Tesla set the Bar for a Slick EV?? It’s going to be fun and I will like, and hate it with all of you.
In the 80’s at 23, my first over the road trucking summer job was driving a pretty sharp Kenworth conventional “large-car” with a 3406B Caterpillar. Running of all places, KC...and Shreveport. Just turning the key and starting that thing gave me chills. Pure bad ass.. The sound it made coming from under the hood going through the gears😍.

The sound of a big block with a set of Doug Thorley headers going through Thrush mufflers..
Ah, the good old days. I’m glad I lived on Earth during this time period.

You have to wonder if the young kids of today will ever steer a car..
The smart money will be on “No”.
Electric power running an autonomous vehicle. Battery technology will be refined. Charging will be fast, and charging stations will be everywhere.
Our local Walmart is installing a charging area right now...ironically on the same spot where they removed gas pumps..

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:22 am
by cmattj
Tuscany wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm
cmattj wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:50 pm Change is scary isn’t it?

We like , and hate the feeling all in one thought. These moments in all industries have came, and passed as will these changes that appear to effect so many people.

Will we see the next big growth in this EV arena? Possibly . What was once the MFG trick in reaching the requirements of fuel mpg by having hybrids in the mean of models produced , has now become a need for the consumer.

All great points here. From the used market becoming stronger and classics becoming scarce. (Yes people fix up Novas now. ) lol

Silly GM Used to think having a Camaro, and a Firebird was essential . Sounds crazy now doesn’t it. See it’s just painful to watch Change.

And yes GM and Honda are back at it ( Yes they did Saturn together years ago) . Will the Tesla set the Bar for a Slick EV?? It’s going to be fun and I will like, and hate it with all of you.
In the 80’s at 23, my first over the road trucking summer job was driving a pretty sharp Kenworth conventional “large-car” with a 3406B Caterpillar. Running of all places, KC...and Shreveport. Just turning the key and starting that thing gave me chills. Pure bad ass.. The sound it made coming from under the hood going through the gears😍.

The sound of a big block with a set of Doug Thorley headers going through Thrush mufflers..
Ah, the good old days. I’m glad I lived on Earth during this time period.

You have to wonder if the young kids of today will ever steer a car..
The smart money will be on “No”.
Electric power running an autonomous vehicle. Battery technology will be refined. Charging will be fast, and charging stations will be everywhere.
Our local Walmart is installing a charging area right now...ironically on the same spot where they removed gas pumps..
I’m with you as our Core value upbringing has given us “Rumpta boggity “ nasty idles, and eye burning stop lights on the Avenue! Sighhhhhh

There is a positive twist ....we may see fuel prices drop down to levels back to 80s!!

Hmmmmm

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am
by Ytmsn
Filled up this morning with non E for $2.17
I thought that was pretty cheap until I passed a 7-Eleven a few minutes later and saw non E fuel for $1,97!

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:25 pm
by AsLan7
:lol:
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am Filled up this morning with non E for $2.17
I thought that was pretty cheap until I passed a 7-Eleven a few minutes later and saw non E fuel for $1,97!
Let’s hope that holds (or goes even lower) for summer boating. :D

Unfortunately we have the highest state gas taxes in the country at .60 per gallon.
$2.73 / gallon is what we are paying today in Pennsylvania. :cry:

At least it’s not $6.95 per gallon like our Norway friend(s) on the forum are paying. :shock:


.

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm
by tgrace98
I filled up my car the other day at Sams for $1.74/gal. I wanted to go find a 55 gallon drum to fill up!

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm
by cmattj
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm I filled up my car the other day at Sams for $1.74/gal. I wanted to go find a 55 gallon drum to fill up!
Gas has dropped to a low here ( 3.59 for regular ). If you get the car wash it gets crazzzy cheap. Lol

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:44 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm I filled up my car the other day at Sams for $1.74/gal. I wanted to go find a 55 gallon drum to fill up!
Gas has dropped to a low here ( 3.59 for regular ). If you get the car wash it gets crazzzy cheap. Lol
Why am I missing that pricing structure Matt?

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm
by Ytmsn
Jeesh Matt, how much is a gallon at the gas dock?

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:12 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:44 pm
cmattj wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm I filled up my car the other day at Sams for $1.74/gal. I wanted to go find a 55 gallon drum to fill up!
Gas has dropped to a low here ( 3.59 for regular ). If you get the car wash it gets crazzzy cheap. Lol
Why am I missing that pricing structure Matt?
Figured you’d be the “PO” guy . Geeze

The $ 9.00 wash saves you .50 a gallon. So if your more than 18 gallons your making money 🤣🤣

Hey I’m used to the crazy 3.90 gallon summer so this is great! Some of our Bay Area Brothers are higher still.
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm Jeesh Matt, how much is a gallon at the gas dock?
3.89 for 91 in my last fill. I don’t watch :shock:

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:01 pm
by Tuscany
$2.68 a gallon.
The Seneca Native American reservation 12 miles down the road from me towards Buffalo, $1.78 a gallon.

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 pm
by cmattj
Tuscany wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:01 pm $2.68 a gallon.
The Seneca Native American reservation 12 miles down the road from me towards Buffalo, $1.78 a gallon.
:mrgreen: nice! Hey we’re so used to it that when I see 3.19 it’s a party. Pathetic out here

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:14 pm
by liquid
cmattj wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm
Now back to your regular scheduled program...😊
I'll just be over here in the corner shuffling my toe if you need me.
:lol: Hey your our wing-man so don't bow out. Geeze I didn't even want to dive into this topic, as I tried to just skim the top. On a serious note.. Do you think the BBQ place In KC has Lemon Drops.? see these are my true worries.
The content in this thread is pretty awesome, exactly why I hang around this joint.

However I felt it was important to hash out the real issue.

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
by cmattj
liquid wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:14 pm
cmattj wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm
Now back to your regular scheduled program...😊
I'll just be over here in the corner shuffling my toe if you need me.
:lol: Hey your our wing-man so don't bow out. Geeze I didn't even want to dive into this topic, as I tried to just skim the top. On a serious note.. Do you think the BBQ place In KC has Lemon Drops.? see these are my true worries.
The content in this thread is pretty awesome, exactly why I hang around this joint.

However I felt it was important to hash out the real issue.
Lmao!!!!!That’s was the best! And sadly true

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 am
by Ytmsn
🤣🤣🤣

Re: Thoughts on GM and Mexico.

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 am
by Big Block Power
liquid wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:14 pm
cmattj wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm
Now back to your regular scheduled program...😊
I'll just be over here in the corner shuffling my toe if you need me.
:lol: Hey your our wing-man so don't bow out. Geeze I didn't even want to dive into this topic, as I tried to just skim the top. On a serious note.. Do you think the BBQ place In KC has Lemon Drops.? see these are my true worries.
The content in this thread is pretty awesome, exactly why I hang around this joint.

However I felt it was important to hash out the real issue.
The answer is yes!!!!!