Page 3 of 3

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:35 am
by akorcovelos
Race seats on a Cobalt! I like where this is going!

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 pm
by Sealord69
If it is comfortable I was thinking about using the same seat in the drivers side! But then I recognized the the steering wheel and the bench are not on the same middle line!

So if I finally switch to Recaro on the driver side , I will never be able to install the bench again on the same pedestal.

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:58 pm
by AsLan7
Sealord69 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 pm If it is comfortable I was thinking about using the same seat in the drivers side! But then I recognized the the steering wheel and the bench are not on the same middle line!

So if I finally switch to Recaro on the driver side , I will never be able to install the bench again on the same pedestal.
.
How 'bout a pic of that SL69? :?:

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:50 pm
by Sealord69
AsLan7 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Sealord69 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 pm If it is comfortable I was thinking about using the same seat in the drivers side! But then I recognized the the steering wheel and the bench are not on the same middle line!

So if I finally switch to Recaro on the driver side , I will never be able to install the bench again on the same pedestal.
.
How 'bout a pic of that SL69? :?:
This weekend

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm
by Sealord69
I‘m back again!
Here are my results! I‘m very glad to have done it!
The standard bench doesn‘t swivel 90°, but the Recaro works perfekt and swivels 160°.

Some picture are following!

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pm
by Sealord69
This picture schied that the seat middle and the steering wheel are not in the same line. The blue line on the floor is the melde of the steering wheel.

.

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:49 pm
by AsLan7
.
Nice documentation SL69!

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:52 pm
by Sealord69
And here is the Recaro installation.
After this season the console will be change again.

The back side of the console will be shortened to the back of the seat in the same alignment. This gives me more freedom of movement.

The smile of a happy handicapped Son is worth of all the effort😍

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:59 pm
by AsLan7
Oh you’re right. That smile says it all!
With those seats it looks like you’re ready for a rocket launch. :D

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:20 pm
by Big Block Power
Priceless! So is the whole base new as well. Are those shock absorbing bases?

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm
by Sealord69
Yes, I bought them in the states from

https://seaspension.com/

And shipped them to Germany! We don’t have anything like that here!

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 pm
by kbloom72
Awesome setup!

Re: cobalt 263 - Changing fixed to shock mitigation swivel Chairs

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:10 pm
by Sealord69
:mrgreen:
kbloom72 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 pmAwesome setup!