Anchor

Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Dropped Anchor »

TTU wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:50 am The dealership included the 18 lb Richter Anchor.
Nice gift! I ordered one and got an email from Mr. Richter himself. I thought that was pretty cool. The anchor came with 75’ of rope and 4’ of coated chain.
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
Stagdad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 am
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Stagdad »

Yeah, just found out that the anchor locker is too small! This was one of my selling points to the wife. Right now it is stowed under on of the bow seats, but still.....Gonna have to look at some others listed here. :x
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Away Port Lake Cumberland / Dale Hollow
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by tgrace98 »

MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Table Rockin »

Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it. Past weekend i had to haul up some kind of damn cable it hooked into to and didn't release.

My official account on artifacts ive pulled up are a huge rock, a couple large tree branches, and cable of some sort.

Windlass on this lake is a risky proposition unfortunately.....otherwise they're awesome
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by AsLan7 »

Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
.
That’s what she said.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Table Rockin »

AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
.
That’s what she said.
Lol Aslan! I concede 😂
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Ytmsn »

AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
.
That’s what she said.
Whoa! A7 is feeling frisky!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by tgrace98 »

Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it. Past weekend i had to haul up some kind of damn cable it hooked into to and didn't release.

My official account on artifacts ive pulled up are a huge rock, a couple large tree branches, and cable of some sort.

Windlass on this lake is a risky proposition unfortunately.....otherwise they're awesome
I got mine stuck pretty good at the very end of the season last fall. I was over there in Naked (gobblers) cove and I literally pulled half a tree up with the anchor. I had to snap the tree in half and throw it back in the water.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 am
AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
.
That’s what she said.
Whoa! A7 is feeling frisky!
But he still said it with a smile 😂😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Dropped Anchor »

The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by tgrace98 »

Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
how deep of water are you normally anchoring in? The problem I have is I am normally anchoring in 40-60ft of water so retrieving a 25lb anchor can get rather heavy. Especially if it gets caught on something.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Dropped Anchor
Captain
Captain
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Dropped Anchor »

tgrace98 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:46 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
how deep of water are you normally anchoring in? The problem I have is I am normally anchoring in 40-60ft of water so retrieving a 25lb anchor can get rather heavy. Especially if it gets caught on something.
This past weekend I was 30’ at one spot and 15’ or so at another. So nothing crazy, but zero movement.
2019 CS22
240 DP

Lake Martin, AL
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Driller »

tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm
MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
I Dig the Digger
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

I like my digger too. But I usually just reach down and pick it up off the bottom. I just use the 6ft chain for looks. I use the 2lbs mushroom off the back too.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 26 guests