Propeller selection info and speeds
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
I say get the power tech 4 blade. I know nothing about that line of props. I love the rev 4 but not sure you could turn it good enough. I ran the high 5 loved those props. I would buy that aluminum 4x19 on cl it's cheap for a spare
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
I already have the 3 blade 21, dealer will exchange for the 4 blade 19... point is if it doesn't spin well I'll be a jackass if I go back and ask them to exchange it again....
So i"m left with keeping the 3 blade for the summer and getting the SS 4 Bade power tech in a bit once my wife forgets the word prop... or switch out the 3 for the 4 with the dealer and hoping it spins well.
So i"m left with keeping the 3 blade for the summer and getting the SS 4 Bade power tech in a bit once my wife forgets the word prop... or switch out the 3 for the 4 with the dealer and hoping it spins well.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
It will spin the 4x19
I'll see if there is a high five out there too. But not sure if a19 or 21 on that. Did prop god give you a pitch on that?
I used to only run a high five till I ran the rev 4 I had another buddy that has a rev try a enertia and loved it. He has a 350 carb 4barrel. My other buddy is running that 17p rev has a 5.0gxi and is happy with it. The good thing with those props which I did is buy them cheap on cl and if they didn't work I just sell them again. They are very common props. I also ran a 21p vensura you could prob spin a 19p that was my 4 blade speed prop. Held water great good hole shot and still great top end.
I'll see if there is a high five out there too. But not sure if a19 or 21 on that. Did prop god give you a pitch on that?
I used to only run a high five till I ran the rev 4 I had another buddy that has a rev try a enertia and loved it. He has a 350 carb 4barrel. My other buddy is running that 17p rev has a 5.0gxi and is happy with it. The good thing with those props which I did is buy them cheap on cl and if they didn't work I just sell them again. They are very common props. I also ran a 21p vensura you could prob spin a 19p that was my 4 blade speed prop. Held water great good hole shot and still great top end.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Just a few I found. Not sure how a rev 15p would be, but you will get one Heck of a launch and mid-range.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Thanks BB - truly are going above and beyond. Talked to my dealer and they're going to let me exchange a few props here as figure out what i want.
I'm giving them useful data to begin with so as long as i don't mash the props should be good.
So here's my plan:
Going to run all three props in the same conditions at WOT and figure out RPM and use an independent GPS Speedometer app.
14.3 x 21 x 3
14 x 21 x 4
14.25 x 19 x 4
All OEM Volvo props.
Once I find my sweet spot and then Find my SS!
I'm giving them useful data to begin with so as long as i don't mash the props should be good.
So here's my plan:
Going to run all three props in the same conditions at WOT and figure out RPM and use an independent GPS Speedometer app.
14.3 x 21 x 3
14 x 21 x 4
14.25 x 19 x 4
All OEM Volvo props.
Once I find my sweet spot and then Find my SS!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
That's cool they are willing to help you. Maybe try to time to on plane time as well as speed. I always play with mid-range punch as that's where you boat at allot. Props perform so different at different rpms. I always figured a 21 stainless will perform like a 19p alum at hole shot and like a 23 alum at top end. That's just one of the advantages of stainless.you have to get one mounted. Your killing me
yell the wife I let you use one of mine for the year.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Ha! She's 20 weeks pregnant with our 3rd boy - I'm picking my battles wisely!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Liquid what did you get? I never heard the results. You disappeared for the end of summer.lol no internet or cell up there?
I just ordered these yesterday for the new to me boat. I love boat bling
She's going to be a rocket out of the hole and great mid-range. It will be neat to see what wot does.
I just ordered these yesterday for the new to me boat. I love boat bling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
I got an update on this but it's a looooooot of info. Will post soon.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Liquid, seriously? I read this en tire thread, and when I got to the end you just left us hanging...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Yea he's in his place just relaxing and us hanging. Prob doing more research. Maybe by next year:-)
Just BUY one damit. Lol
Just BUY one damit. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Hahaha! I just reread the entire thing and couldn't believe i left myself hanging!
I was like "what the f, self?"
YT - long story short I kept the 3 blade aluminum that Cobalt recommended. The 4-blade was good but I can't explain it, just didn't feel right. My brother thinks I'm crazy but I notice different things than he did. he says it vibrates more with the 3 (even though it's unnoticeable to anyone else when trimmed properly) in the mid range. It turns better with the 3. The wake is better with the 3 - don't know how to explain what I mean by saying that.
The hole shot was not noticeably different with either. The kicker - the 4 was a little bit faster. consistently 49 on gps is slight chop with two guys and a half a tank. 3 was 47 - 48 on a different day with same conditions.
Double kicker - I couldn't get to 4800 RPM with either. 4300 ish on both. I was perplexed a little bit and ran out of time last summer so i went the path of least resistance and stayed with the prop Cobalt recommended. Then I had a baby. I still want a prop but I want a prop that someone has used successfully on my set up. Enter Fozzy. Time to Frankenstein this thread in the 190 section.
Also the 4 blade was a little wonky for docking.
I was like "what the f, self?"
YT - long story short I kept the 3 blade aluminum that Cobalt recommended. The 4-blade was good but I can't explain it, just didn't feel right. My brother thinks I'm crazy but I notice different things than he did. he says it vibrates more with the 3 (even though it's unnoticeable to anyone else when trimmed properly) in the mid range. It turns better with the 3. The wake is better with the 3 - don't know how to explain what I mean by saying that.
The hole shot was not noticeably different with either. The kicker - the 4 was a little bit faster. consistently 49 on gps is slight chop with two guys and a half a tank. 3 was 47 - 48 on a different day with same conditions.
Double kicker - I couldn't get to 4800 RPM with either. 4300 ish on both. I was perplexed a little bit and ran out of time last summer so i went the path of least resistance and stayed with the prop Cobalt recommended. Then I had a baby. I still want a prop but I want a prop that someone has used successfully on my set up. Enter Fozzy. Time to Frankenstein this thread in the 190 section.
Also the 4 blade was a little wonky for docking.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Still confused Oscar. Did you buy one yet?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
How do you tell what pitch prop you have? I don't think mine is stock beings it's stainless.Is it stamped somewhere?
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Propeller selection info and speeds
Yes it's normally stamped on the barrel of the prop or on the end of it where the nut goes. Not YT either a nut that holds the prop on.pictures if you find them we'll help you once you find them.hoghead54 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 am How do you tell what pitch prop you have? I don't think mine is stock beings it's stainless.Is it stamped somewhere?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


