Page 4 of 5
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 am
by hoghead54
hoghead54 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am
Ytmsn wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 am
Haha! I LUVs 'Merica! I understand. Why? "Because I by God CAN!"
That's how I am with my Saiga. 12 round sticks or a 20 round drum.. it's all about firepower! I guess owning this makes about as much sense as a can launcher now that I think about it.
20151216_181527.jpg
Now there is some serious horsepower....
Should have said firepower....
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm
by Ytmsn
BooYah!
20180904_181143.jpg
20180904_181127.jpg
I love this thing. Only a tad over a hundred rounds through it this evening on the range without a single hiccup, using a mix of cheap rounds, hot rounds, heavy rounds, self defense ammo to practice stuff. Settled in @ 2.5" groups @ 45', and I made sure to get the optional 12 rnd extended mag. This mag COMPLETELY changes the personality of this gun. Now to find a good kydex iwb holster, probably a tuckable Vetter.
It comes from the factory with a stock mag, extended (only the pinky, they're both the same capacity)mag and a case. So far I'm digging it!
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:02 pm
by NautiGirl
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm
BooYah!
20180904_181143.jpg
20180904_181127.jpg
I love this thing. Only a tad over a hundred rounds through it this evening on the range without a single hiccup, using a mix of cheap rounds, hot rounds, heavy rounds, self defense ammo to practice stuff. Settled in @ 2.5" groups @ 45', and I made sure to get the optional 12 rnd extended mag. This mag COMPLETELY changes the personality of this gun. Now to find a good kydex iwb holster, probably a tuckable Vetter.
It comes from the factory with a stock mag, extended (only the pinky, they're both the same capacity)mag and a case. So far I'm digging it!
Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. I was looking hard at one to replace my glock 43, hard to argue with that mag capacity in 9mm in a gun that size, but then I heard they were having some reliability issues. Awesome that you have put rounds thought it with no problems. I forgot what the issue was, think a trigger spring or recoil spring issue?
I sold a P938 to fund Mrs. Nauti's wedding ring. I still own a P226, not in love /w the DA/SA trigger but damn the gun is accurate when I do my part. Now you have me thinking, maybe its time to run to the gun store.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:09 pm
by Ytmsn
My buddy and dealer I buy a lot from told me Sig addressed any issues with the first runs long ago and they are as good as they get now. I have a 42 and an M&P 45 for my other carrys and this is going to fit in nice. You should try one Jeff. If we were closer you'd be welcome to take mine shooting!
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:15 pm
by NautiGirl
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:09 pm
My buddy and dealer I buy a lot from told me Sig addressed any issues with the first runs long ago and they are as good as they get now. I have a 42 and an M&P 45 for my other carrys and this is going to fit in nice. You should try one Jeff. If we were closer you'd be welcome to take mine shooting!
Nice collection, I never got into the M&P series, my first handgun was a Glock 19 I bought during the Obama election gun rush of 03, and I have sort of stuck /w the glock brand with a few exceptions like a M&P shield - which I replaced /w a Glock 43 - and a Sig or two. Ironically Mrs. Nauti shoots the Shield better than I do.
Thanks for the offer, if I ever make it out to Oklahoma I will take you up on it, sounds like you have some nice stuff, same offer applies if you ever make it to KY. I went to high school /w a co-owner of this place:
https://www.kygunco.com/ getting my hands on a P365 to shoot isnt a problem - not coming home /w it after I shoot it would be the biggest issue lol.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:30 pm
by Ytmsn
Since we're on the subject... this is one I carried for a year or so. It shoots incredibly well. Now? Probably not what I'd reach for first. I have others that are more practical. But it's fun to shoot! About 2 lbs of trigger pull. Ahhh
20180904_202850.jpg
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 pm
by NautiGirl
I shot an EMP at a Springfield demo day long long ago. I agree awesome trigger pull and you cant argue /w the classic 1911 frame and controls just and awesome look. Also agree that for the weight, size, and capacity you can do soo much better these days, like say a p365. Also, I remember them being pretty pricey.
I do love my 1911, and it has nice TFO Night Sights on it, but it stays in the safe.
Do you own a browning hi-power? Same deal totally impractical gun design in these modern times - but damn I still want one.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:30 am
by sailor55330
Sigs are great firearms. Don’t forget they also have swiss heritage in their lineage and we know they make good tiff. I do t have a cc as I have yet to find a gun that was small enough to conceal and still fit my hand. I’ve tried berettA, sig, kimber, s&w.....I have very large hands I guess. Favorite handgun of all time is still the beretta 92fs. It’s big but I’m good with it. Shooting Quarters at 10-15yards is my standard. I’m really more of a long gun guy and especially like g sporting clays and shotgunning. It adds up really quick @ $45/ round plus depending on ammo. Now if I could shoot clays from the boat—-win!
Who’s gonna be the first to shoot from their boat? Lol. J/k
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 am
by Ytmsn
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 pm
I shot an EMP at a Springfield demo day long long ago. I agree awesome trigger pull and you cant argue /w the classic 1911 frame and controls just and awesome look. Also agree that for the weight, size, and capacity you can do soo much better these days, like say a p365. Also, I remember them being pretty pricey.
I do love my 1911, and it has nice TFO Night Sights on it, but it stays in the safe.
Do you own a browning hi-power? Same deal totally impractical gun design in these modern times - but damn I still want one.
No Browning but quite a few other pistols and long guns.
And even though I love shooting my EMP I could never get comfortable with the 1911 style, either cocked and locked or having to cock after the draw. I practiced quite a bit and got pretty smooth, but nothing compared to a striker fired piece.
My next purchase will be a Kel-tech sub 2000 in G17 9mm with three extra 30 rnd mags for a travel long gun. It folds in half and you can carry it in a backpack along with extra clips and ammo. Here is a good review on it. I have already ordered the Grayman sling bag and will make pretty much the same mods in this article.
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-review/
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:31 am
by NautiGirl
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 am
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 pm
I shot an EMP at a Springfield demo day long long ago. I agree awesome trigger pull and you cant argue /w the classic 1911 frame and controls just and awesome look. Also agree that for the weight, size, and capacity you can do soo much better these days, like say a p365. Also, I remember them being pretty pricey.
I do love my 1911, and it has nice TFO Night Sights on it, but it stays in the safe.
Do you own a browning hi-power? Same deal totally impractical gun design in these modern times - but damn I still want one.
My next purchase will be a Kel-tech sub 2000 in G17 9mm with three extra 30 rnd mags for a travel long gun. It folds in half and you can carry it in a backpack along with extra clips and ammo. Here is a good review on it. I have already ordered the Grayman sling bag and will make pretty much the same mods in this article.
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-review/
You will love the Sub 2000. I put together an AR9 from mostly leftover parts, then waited on a holiday sale at palmetto state to buy a lower and bolt group that accepts glock mags. You get all the AR platform stuff w/o the expensive 5.56 ammo. Wouldn't be the first rifle I would grab for anything serious, but it's stupid fun to shoot.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:51 am
by Ytmsn
Jeff this is for you. I think I may have posted this somewhere before but it's worth posting again.
I thought I was an avid shooter, and then I see this! Last summer we got a call from a widow that wanted to sell her place. Her husband had passed and she wanted to move into town, so on our first appointment I was looking the place over. She said her husband had a range he used to use all the time, but since he had passed (several years earlier) no one had been there. She said she hadn't been down there in years.
The guy was former law enforcement and retired to only do gun safety and tactical training for officers. Needless to say they all came to his range to shoot. Zoom in...
20170523_143758.jpg
20170523_143741.jpg
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:47 pm
by NautiGirl
Thats a gold mine in Brass. I don't reload, but I have buddies that would pay to mine that hillside. Hell FreedomMunitions.com let you send them once used brass and they pay you for it.
Katie ASKED me to go shooting this weekend. Yes I know she shoots guns and enjoys boating. I am lucky.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:08 pm
by Ytmsn
Yeah...umm, that's not brass. That's lead bullets, and thousands and thousands of them. Tens of thousands. Hundreds of thousands. It looks like gravel hillsides, but its bullets.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:03 am
by NautiGirl
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:08 pm
Yeah...umm, that's not brass. That's lead bullets, and thousands and thousands of them. Tens of thousands. Hundreds of thousands. It looks like gravel hillsides, but its bullets.
Got it, pic was a bit fuzzy and figured it was brass or rounds. I guessed wrong lol.
By the way I am just going to leave this here not saying you should buy it or anything but it is on sale...
https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?It ... ut%20part1
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:22 am
by Ytmsn
You dawg..
Thanks for the heads up though! I want this one in G17. The one on sale is SW. Thankfully..
Screenshot_20180907-112059_Chrome.jpg