Page 4 of 4

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 am
by TinCupp
Driller wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 am
TinCupp wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm

I’ve reached out to the Texas connection for transport but not heard back quite yet.
My friend tried BbP’s TX connection also. Never got a call back and moved on to UShip. Maybe he’s on a long vacation at the cross bar motel. He is a reputed friend of BBP.
I have got a quote from UShip. $964, ballpark, from Lewsiville Tx to Minneapolis Mn. Not bad IMO. I have compared to flying down, renting an SUV and pulling back. Its close to a wash. The question will be, can UShip do it in a short timeframe (Memorial Weekend?)! I made it out on our lake last night with some friends and there were 2 Cobalts at the dock. I got the itch to say the least!

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:44 am
by TinCupp
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 am I drive right by that dealership twice a week. I'd sure be willing to stop and look it over if that'll help?
Send me a PM Tincup and we can talk about it.
Are they on the water?
They are not trying to hide anything which is nice. They've sent almost 50 pictures. But as I say pictures are still better then it looks in person. Except on one of my finished products. 😀
They are on the water. I've got a guy I know that is about an hour east of there than might be able to make it over to take a peek. If anyone else on the forums is close and would want to take a peek at it for me early next week then I would make it right with them. It would also be an opp to see how the 496 runs if you haven't drove one yet. I have asked the salesman if he could put it in for a drive and there are no issues there.

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 am
by Big Block Power
TinCupp wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 am
Driller wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 am
TinCupp wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm

I’ve reached out to the Texas connection for transport but not heard back quite yet.
My friend tried BbP’s TX connection also. Never got a call back and moved on to UShip. Maybe he’s on a long vacation at the cross bar motel. He is a reputed friend of BBP.
I have got a quote from UShip. $964, ballpark, from Lewsiville Tx to Minneapolis Mn. Not bad IMO. I have compared to flying down, renting an SUV and pulling back. Its close to a wash. The question will be, can UShip do it in a short timeframe (Memorial Weekend?)! I made it out on our lake last night with some friends and there were 2 Cobalts at the dock. I got the itch to say the least!
You have to put delivery date in uship and ask the shipper. I've had my boat in 2 days after I excepted the bid. Buy it today have it by wed.lol have him vid tape a test drive for you. I've done that.

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am
by Ytmsn
Tincup, I'm glad to look at it for you, but keep in mind it will have to be a week from Tuesday before I can. That's like dog years when your about to become a new Cobalt Owner!
Just DOIT! Have that baby shipped to you and get on the water.

The survey should be able to tell you about the gimbal, bellows and any other issue that may be there.

Get'er done!

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:18 am
by TinCupp
Ytmsn wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am Tincup, I'm glad to look at it for you, but keep in mind it will have to be a week from Tuesday before I can. That's like dog years when your about to become a new Cobalt Owner!
Just DOIT! Have that baby shipped to you and get on the water.

The survey should be able to tell you about the gimbal, bellows and any other issue that may be there.

Get'er done!
I agree! Quit lollygagging and do it. I’ve been at it for a few months now so it’s about time. Summer will be wasting soon.

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am
by TinCupp
Its pretty much a done deal. Shipping is arranged, vinyl repair is scheduled. The only remaining piece is the survey of the boat that is required by my lender. I am going to have to rely on that survey to catch any undisclosed issues. It is only $250 and good peace of mind.

With a little luck, my new 226 will be on the road to MN on Wednesday evening and in my slip on Saturday evening. Thanks to you all for all the help. I'm looking forward to posting my first pic of it in the Member Introduction feed next weekend!

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 am
by Big Block Power
Sounds great. Good luck. And the survey says!

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 am
by Ytmsn
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing more stories!

Re: New Owner (potentially) What to look for?

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm
by NautiGirl
Awesome! Just in time for the big weekend! Looking forward to pics!