This is a serious question...take me through the upgrade decision. What is the 262 lacking that you get in the upgrade to the R7?tgrace98 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pmHaha if only I had your money T! I’m waiting on some funds to come in for my year end bonus then the hunt might be on!Tuscany wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm Not to put any un-do pressure on TG, but the sticker price does increase dramatically each and every year..🥴.
So, if you can cut a good deal and buy new, you may want to act now.
Remember, the price goes up 8-10k per year. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets..
..unlike these other spend happy men and woman, I’m just trying to save you money!
JUST RIP OFF THE BAND-AID.. it only hurts for a few seconds, and then the pain is replaced by this.....
Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
ajcampen wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:56 amThis is a serious question...take me through the upgrade decision. What is the 262 lacking that you get in the upgrade to the R7?tgrace98 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pmHaha if only I had your money T! I’m waiting on some funds to come in for my year end bonus then the hunt might be on!Tuscany wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm Not to put any un-do pressure on TG, but the sticker price does increase dramatically each and every year..🥴.
So, if you can cut a good deal and buy new, you may want to act now.
Remember, the price goes up 8-10k per year. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets..
..unlike these other spend happy men and woman, I’m just trying to save you money!
JUST RIP OFF THE BAND-AID.. it only hurts for a few seconds, and then the pain is replaced by this.....
Good one AJ. Here is my thought.
Things I would get on an R7 that my 262 does not have.
More power. I’d get the 430hp option as my boat only has 375.
More room - R7 is longer and has more interior space than my 262 with the way they design the hull.
Windlass - we anchor a ton and I’m constantly fighting to get the anchor to catch.
Warranty - I’m a IT guy not a mechanic. If something goes wrong with my boat. I call the harbor and tell them to just send me a bill. (Last year I put about 1500 into my 262 between repairs and routine maintance) I’m going to assume with the age this will be about the normal.
With my 262 now being 17 years old it is going to need a full interior upgrade in the next year or 2. All the snake skin vinyl is starting to crack and as someone that has put vinyl in 3 boats now. I know what that costs.
Lastly we bought the 262 on a budget because we just bought our lakehouse and were unsure on how much use it would get. Last summer I put close to 90hrs on the 262 so I’m at a point where I feel I can buy that boat I keep for 10 years. Or at least that’s what i’ll tell the wife.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Sounds like the only thing left is to write out the check. Let's get this done. Did you post pictures yet ?
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yea let's see your boat. Post your model pictures.Bfun220 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:21 pm Sounds like the only thing left is to write out the check. Let's get this done. Did you post pictures yet ?![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
These are the 2 I have picked out.... not sure about the yellow stripe on the navy hull. Wish it was more gold like the blue angelBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:57 pmYea let's see your boat. Post your model pictures.Bfun220 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:21 pm Sounds like the only thing left is to write out the check. Let's get this done. Did you post pictures yet ?![]()
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Digging the bottom one. Classic and will still look modern 10 years from now.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I like the top one. For some reason I feel like I've seen it before or real close to it. I'm sure they could come up with Citron yellow. Where's the anchor 
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
jma2@fuse.net
- Commander

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Bottom one--timeless and classic combination. Also, the black on the tower completes the "up-stripe" on the stern, and gives the boat nice visually appealing lines. You will get tired of the yellow stripe in no time. Finally, are you a Michigan fan? Being from Ohio, a yellow stripe and navy would be interpreted as Michigan colors--go Bucks.
2016 CS3
Volvo 280-G
Cincinnati, OH/Norris Lake, TN
Volvo 280-G
Cincinnati, OH/Norris Lake, TN
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
It is citron yellow. I’ve noticed their colors on the site are a little off. I could also do the standard boot stripe on the yellow instead of the boot with the edge.
And for some reason when you add windlass it doesn’t add it to the picture. Same with tower speakers. There will be 2 tower speakers there too
And for some reason when you add windlass it doesn’t add it to the picture. Same with tower speakers. There will be 2 tower speakers there too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
On my phone the bottom looks black. I kind a like the flip phone look. I don't think the boot stripe will get old. I like it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Haha no I’m from Missouri so I support Mizzou but am a SEC football lunk in general. You know where real football is playedjma2@fuse.net wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm Bottom one--timeless and classic combination. Also, the black on the tower completes the "up-stripe" on the stern, and gives the boat nice visually appealing lines. You will get tired of the yellow stripe in no time. Finally, are you a Michigan fan? Being from Ohio, a yellow stripe and navy would be interpreted as Michigan colors--go Bucks.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Wisconsintgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pmHaha no I’m from Missouri so I support Mizzou but am a SEC football lunk in general. You know where real football is playedjma2@fuse.net wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm Bottom one--timeless and classic combination. Also, the black on the tower completes the "up-stripe" on the stern, and gives the boat nice visually appealing lines. You will get tired of the yellow stripe in no time. Finally, are you a Michigan fan? Being from Ohio, a yellow stripe and navy would be interpreted as Michigan colors--go Bucks.![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yeah it looks black to me. Here are the option I have picked out...Big Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 pm On my phone the bottom looks black. I kind a like the flip phone look. I don't think the boot stripe will get old. I like it.
Selected EngineVolvo V8-430CE EVC DP
Color PricingHull Bottom Full Color $1258
Selected Options
Mooring Cover $1518
Prem Sound w/Transom & Arch Spkrs-1 pr. $5401
Stereo Remote, Transom (Std. Sound) $364
White Arch, Alum, Folding w/Bimini $7579
COBALT Oval Logo, Recessed $191
Docking Lights-Stainless Steel $518
Flagpole w/Flag $527
Motorbox Actuator $901
Underwater Lighting $1784
Bow Center Cushion Insert $712
Floor Covering, Sea Grass $1696
Head w/Pump Out Porta Potti $637
LED Interior Accent Lighting (RGB) $985
Sunpad Filler Cushion (w/o Dinette) $659
Battery Maintainer/Charger, 110v $503
Battery Switch, Dual w/ACR $445
Trim Tabs w/Indicators $1523
Windlass, All Chain w/Anchor $4489
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
TGrace, forgive BB...he's not a pro at this drinking thing...you sit and talk WHILE holding your beverage of choice...ie: lemonade!Big Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
But a table could be nice for boat snacks!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests