Page 4 of 4
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:38 am
by Fun2Fish
dmnouri wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:17 am
Here’s the grey option. Which one would you vote for? A8253C9C-B6C0-4679-B6F0-146C90DCF889.jpeg
That looks like the Sandstone color. I have a the Shale Grey bootstripe and it's a pretty dark grey, I loce it!

Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:54 am
by cmattj
dmnouri wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am
Latest update: Cobalt agreed to build me a 2020 R5 and let me use my current boat while they build that one out. I have not got the full financial picture on this yet as I am adding some options but sounds like everything is going to workout. My dealer is supposed to get with me early next week to finalize everything.
I’m considering changing the hull color because the blue on blue I had shows every imperfection. Considering the grey hull with a baby blue stripe. 0E472633-2242-442F-8A3C-ACD2D15EBA71.png
Good to see they responded with urgency and obvious compassion. They are an amazing Boat builder and they definitely wowed you and the rest of us here!!
With this news I too would Consider lighter colors, and even the ol never out of style All White with a boot stripe.
Either way take a minute and enjoy you have a great opportunity.
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 am
by willyswagon
IMALLYNN wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:29 pm
Ice Blue is pretty nice. Unique on lake and easy to keep clean. Reminiscent of an offshore Hatteras, or Viking, but I might be biased!
I'm biased on that as well. As soon as we saw the Ice Blue sides with Navy bottom we fell in love with it. It is so easy to keep clean, and hardly shows a mark.
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:48 pm
by dmnouri
Picked up my replacement 2020 R5 on Friday. Couldn’t be happier about how Cobalt swapped me out of my 2019. The new boat came out fantastic. They even installed the old dock lights that I requested that you can only get on their larger boats now. Check her out.
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:29 pm
by Big Block Power
That's Fantastic!!!
How come you switched colors?
I can't believe that you got them to install those docking lights. Congrats on that too. I wonder if they are listening to us and going to offer them again?
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:15 pm
by cmattj
Nice! Great color and the lights look tough!
Oh the Tower, and windlass is a nice “ oh since we’re ordering another moment “
Perfect ending!!
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:49 pm
by tgrace98
Beautiful boat and glad to see cobalt took care of you!
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm
by Big Block Power
Seeing that Cobalt helped you I would change the signature line!!
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 am
by Lockey14s
sandstone is such an underrated color, I love it!
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 am
by dmnouri
cmattj wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:15 pm
Nice! Great color and the lights look tough!
Oh the Tower, and windlass is a nice “ oh since we’re ordering another moment “
Perfect ending!!
I switched colors because the blue showed every imperfection and with the OCD I seem to have, thought it was best to go with a lighter color.
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 am
by akorcovelos
So awesome Cobalt stepped up and took care of this. Now, I wonder where I can buy your old one for heavy discount??
Re: Gel Coat issues on my brand new R5!!
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:04 pm
by AsLan7
.
Loce a happy ending!!
.