Page 4 of 11

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:46 am
by Tuscany
That kind of stuff makes me wonder wtf.
I'm guessing someone handed the owner a little money along the way. Either that, or they are just pigs. :shock:

I drove so much junk in my younger days because I couldn't afford new stuff while building our business. But even as a kid, I waxed around the rust, and my junk was always looking like new junk. I think we all have that clean thing here. I guess it's in our DNA.
My 13 year old motorcycle still looks new, and I wouldn't trade it for a new one. Picture taken last fall.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 am
by Driller
I find that at my age I can buy things that will last the rest of my life. If I take care of them.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 am
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 am I find that at my age I can buy things that will last the rest of my life. If I take care of them.
+1...Dad passed that trait on to us.

....and wow, she's a beauty Tusc! Looks more like one day rather than 13 years. :shock:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 am
by Tuscany
Driller wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 am I find that at my age I can buy things that will last the rest of my life. If I take care of them.
I'm guessing that you don't own a magenta colored tie. :D

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 am
by Tuscany
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 am
Driller wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 am I find that at my age I can buy things that will last the rest of my life. If I take care of them.
+1...Dad passed that trait on to us.

....and wow, she's a beauty Tusc! Looks more like one day rather than 13 years. :shock:
Haha, I would spend all day detailing my dads car for him, and he would hit the first mud puddle straight on. He didn't have it.. :lol:
My grandparents on the other hand.... their stuff was always perfect.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:06 am
by Big Block Power
Nice ride Tuscany. I sold my last bike to get my COBALT 200. That was a few years ago. I miss it. But the traffic and drivers are getting worse here.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 am
by Tuscany
I don't ride as much as I did for that same reason BB. Truthfully, I hardly ride it at all anymore.
Everyone texts and drives now.
The kids should never do it, and the adults simply CAN'T do it and drive straight.
I limit my riding to local. I like my legs attached.
Boating is a lot more fun, and definitely a LOT safer.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:28 am
by Big Block Power
Tuscany wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 am I don't ride as much as I did for that same reason BB. Truthfully, I hardly ride it at all anymore.
Everyone texts and drives, so I limit my riding to local. I like my legs attached.
Yep exactly. And I take the get to work everyday now. There's a accident on it everyday. Not worth it. I would say I love the wind in my hair but I don't have any.lol
I'm a bmw guy had a few harley's all vrods and night rods.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am
by Tuscany
I had some performance bikes years ago. KZ 1000 LTD, Honda V-65.
Did a lot of stupid things like go fast all of the time.
I sold my V-65 for money to buy living room furniture right after I got married. I stayed out of it for years when my kids were small. I thought I should be around for my family, and not become road pizza.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:34 am
by Ytmsn
Nice bike Tuscany! Get one of these and you won't have to polish it

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 am
by Big Block Power
Those old bikes were great. My first new bike was a fj1100 had it for 10 years. Still one of my favorite bikes. You ask my wife she will say it was her fav. Triumph 955 was a hoot to drive 455lbs 150 hp

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 am
by Tuscany
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:34 am Nice bike Tuscany! Get one of these and you won't have to polish it
Definitely won't have to worry about the po-po catching you either :lol:
I can see tearing off into a field when chased!
Nice ride!

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:52 am
by Tuscany
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 am Those old bikes were great. My first new bike was a fj1100 had it for 10 years. Still one of my favorite bikes. You ask my wife she will say it was her fav. Triumph 955 was a hoot to drive 455lbs 150 hp
Those FJ' 11s were bad ass machines.
Having young kids forces a guy to become responsible, and sell fast toys.... :cry:
A Harley on the other hand, takes "fast" right out of the equasion :D

My wife never liked the bike. You know, helmets mess up hair and buckling is tough with nails.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 am
by AsLan7
Tuscany wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:52 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 am Those old bikes were great. My first new bike was a fj1100 had it for 10 years. Still one of my favorite bikes. You ask my wife she will say it was her fav. Triumph 955 was a hoot to drive 455lbs 150 hp
Those FJ' 11s were bad ass machines.
Having young kids forces a guy to become responsible, and sell fast toys.... :cry:
A HD on the other hand, takes "fast" right out of the equasion :D
It's why I don't own a motorcycle. Since it is the fastest thing you can strap into, I don't think I would be able to control myself due to my affinity for speed. ---That and nobody can see you as they pull right out into your path. A man's got to know his limits! :D

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:00 am
by Tuscany
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 am
Tuscany wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:52 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 am Those old bikes were great. My first new bike was a fj1100 had it for 10 years. Still one of my favorite bikes. You ask my wife she will say it was her fav. Triumph 955 was a hoot to drive 455lbs 150 hp
Those FJ' 11s were bad ass machines.
Having young kids forces a guy to become responsible, and sell fast toys.... :cry:
A HD on the other hand, takes "fast" right out of the equasion :D
It's why I don't own a motorcycle. Since it is the fastest thing you can strap into, I don't think I would be able to control myself due to my affinity for speed. ---That and nobody can see you as they pull right out into your path. A man's got to know his limits! :D
Word!