It’s 1200 for the tableBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
TGrace, forgive BB...he's not a pro at this drinking thing...you sit and talk WHILE holding your beverage of choice...ie: lemonade!NautiGirl wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:46 pm [quote="Big Block Power" post_id=43998 time=<a href="tel:1546213195">1546213195</a> user_id=112]
Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
But a table could be nice for boat snacks!
[/quote]
Yes remember the Fancey RGB stainless cup holders. Lol.
Actually we use our table when we bring food out with us. Has a mount in the bow as well.
But I use it all winter for garage boating
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Haha Matt.. nice!
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yes remember the Fancey RGB stainless cup holders. Lol.cmattj wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pmBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.TGrace, forgive BB...he's not a pro at this drinking thing...you sit and talk WHILE holding your beverage of choice...ie: lemonade!NautiGirl wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:46 pm [quote="Big Block Power" post_id=43998 time=<a href="tel:1546213195">1546213195</a> user_id=112]
Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
But a table could be nice for boat snacks!
Actually we use our table when we bring food out with us. Has a mount in the bow as well.
But I use it all winter for garage boating
[/quote]
It could be the location but we never use the dinette table on our 262. It plugs in right at the center walk through or up in the bow. So no matter what you are walking around it.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Tim....is it going to be weird if I'm standing right behind you listening eagerly to your negotiations with the Harbor at the boat show? 
Is the R7 really longer than the 262? I think the hull is actually slightly longer on the 262....but maybe with the "free space reclamation" the interior is roomier.
Is the R7 really longer than the 262? I think the hull is actually slightly longer on the 262....but maybe with the "free space reclamation" the interior is roomier.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I think if I was ordering new I'd get the table. I'd like to purchase it for mine but when your buying it after the fact its a much harder pill to swallow. I've considered purchasing an after market version but I kind of want everything on her to be "cobalt approved" for lack of a better phrase. But I'm also a weirdo....so yeah...
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
T Grace like they say:tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 amajcampen wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:56 amThis is a serious question...take me through the upgrade decision. What is the 262 lacking that you get in the upgrade to the R7?tgrace98 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 pm
Haha if only I had your money T! I’m waiting on some funds to come in for my year end bonus then the hunt might be on!
Good one AJ. Here is my thought.
Things I would get on an R7 that my 262 does not have.
More power. I’d get the 430hp option as my boat only has 375.
More room - R7 is longer and has more interior space than my 262 with the way they design the hull.
Windlass - we anchor a ton and I’m constantly fighting to get the anchor to catch.
Warranty - I’m a IT guy not a mechanic. If something goes wrong with my boat. I call the harbor and tell them to just send me a bill. (Last year I put about 1500 into my 262 between repairs and routine maintance) I’m going to assume with the age this will be about the normal.
With my 262 now being 17 years old it is going to need a full interior upgrade in the next year or 2. All the snake skin vinyl is starting to crack and as someone that has put vinyl in 3 boats now. I know what that costs.
Lastly we bought the 262 on a budget because we just bought our lakehouse and were unsure on how much use it would get. Last summer I put close to 90hrs on the 262 so I’m at a point where I feel I can buy that boat I keep for 10 years. Or at least that’s what i’ll tell the wife.![]()
BOAT ie Bring on another Thousand! So True
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Real Football ? Well maybe Bama but Georgia and Mizzou sure didn't help the SEC look like real football?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pmHaha no I’m from Missouri so I support Mizzou but am a SEC football lunk in general. You know where real football is playedjma2@fuse.net wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm Bottom one--timeless and classic combination. Also, the black on the tower completes the "up-stripe" on the stern, and gives the boat nice visually appealing lines. You will get tired of the yellow stripe in no time. Finally, are you a Michigan fan? Being from Ohio, a yellow stripe and navy would be interpreted as Michigan colors--go Bucks.![]()
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Big Red What arch are you thinking about? Good and bad on both Just wondering what you were thinking?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:50 pmThese are the 2 I have picked out.... not sure about the yellow stripe on the navy hull. Wish it was more gold like the blue angelBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:57 pmYea let's see your boat. Post your model pictures.Bfun220 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:21 pm Sounds like the only thing left is to write out the check. Let's get this done. Did you post pictures yet ?![]()
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yes remember the Fancey RGB stainless cup holders. Lol.cmattj wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pmBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.TGrace, forgive BB...he's not a pro at this drinking thing...you sit and talk WHILE holding your beverage of choice...ie: lemonade!NautiGirl wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:46 pm [quote="Big Block Power" post_id=43998 time=<a href="tel:1546213195">1546213195</a> user_id=112]
Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.
But a table could be nice for boat snacks!
Actually we use our table when we bring food out with us. Has a mount in the bow as well.
But I use it all winter for garage boating
[/quote]
Matt Loce the pic of winter boating! Sweet summer time thinking my friend.
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
It’s about a foot longer. If I had the extended platform they would be the same length. The seat layout of the R7 just makes it seem roomier.Table Rockin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:10 pm Tim....is it going to be weird if I'm standing right behind you listening eagerly to your negotiations with the Harbor at the boat show?
Is the R7 really longer than the 262? I think the hull is actually slightly longer on the 262....but maybe with the "free space reclamation" the interior is roomier.
And you are a numbers guy, you can just be my financial advisor lol
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I’m not sure I think it all depends on the color scheme we pick out. This is what the wife has picked out.gdane wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:08 pmBig Red What arch are you thinking about? Good and bad on both Just wondering what you were thinking?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:50 pmThese are the 2 I have picked out.... not sure about the yellow stripe on the navy hull. Wish it was more gold like the blue angel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Big Red Just think thru one arch folds and the other doesn't. Things to think about resale, storage, cleaning, and if you want to have the option to not have the canvas up always or taken down. Just thoughts for you.
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
The stereo package is a tough call. I did quite a bit of snooping during the factory tour, they are doing a really good job of stereo's on the new boats. Gone are the days of inadequate wiring and under powered amps - thanks Malibu?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:58 pmIt’s 1200 for the tableBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.the first thing that gets nixed from the list is the stereo package. I know I can do it myself or a stereo shop for much much cheaper. It all depends on the percentage I get off list.
You could most likely do it cheaper if you were to shop for deals and install everything yourself. Just as a benchmark our local hometown stereo shop quoted me $1100 in labor alone to install new speakers two amps and a sub. I laughed and walked out.
I would strongly consider the factory stereo package for one reason - it means Cobalt cuts the appropriate holes in the hull at the factory. Ask BBP how nervous he is about cutting a hole for a new Sub - then multiply that by 1000 when you are cutting a hole in the back of your shiny new R7 for transom speakers.
Decisions Decisions.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yeah you and Dane both make really good points. And this is exactly why I’m not running to the dealer to place an order.NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pmThe stereo package is a tough call. I did quite a bit of snooping during the factory tour, they are doing a really good job of stereo's on the new boats. Gone are the days of inadequate wiring and under powered amps - thanks Malibu?tgrace98 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:58 pmIt’s 1200 for the tableBig Block Power wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 pm Nice. Don't you think the table would be nice? Just a good place to put cups when your just talking?
I think that is crazy what they get for the tower speakers.the first thing that gets nixed from the list is the stereo package. I know I can do it myself or a stereo shop for much much cheaper. It all depends on the percentage I get off list.
You could most likely do it cheaper if you were to shop for deals and install everything yourself. Just as a benchmark our local hometown stereo shop quoted me $1100 in labor alone to install new speakers two amps and a sub. I laughed and walked out.
I would strongly consider the factory stereo package for one reason - it means Cobalt cuts the appropriate holes in the hull at the factory. Ask BBP how nervous he is about cutting a hole for a new Sub - then multiply that by 1000 when you are cutting a hole in the back of your shiny new R7 for transom speakers.
Decisions Decisions.
I think after reading every post in the 380 vs 430 thread I think I’m axing the 430 for the 380. With the section of table rock I’m on conditions are rarely good for going 50+ mph so I’d rather have the faster time to plane and the mid range.
So that being said the mid range stereo with the 2 tower speakers and transom speakers is probably the route I’ll go. So now back to colors.
I am however digging this combo
https://www.theharbor.com/default.asp?p ... lInventory
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

