Page 5 of 12

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 pm
by jhnmdahl
I don't love the arch either, but fortunately it's one of the easiest things to change for next year. I think when I bought my lowly 210, they had something like six arch options - I wouldn't be surprised if they have alternate options that look less like they just stole parts off a Malibu ski boat.

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm
by Tuscany
I’m a sucker for “latest styling”, even if it’s perceived to be ugly.
Is it ugly? I think it’s just a “different cue” than what we’re all accustomed to seeing. It may be a signature profile for Cobalt going forward. Plus, it looks like it folds totally flat.

But just so we don’t get confused, the new Chevy HD is ugly and different, but without hope of ever being considered trendy.

In edit, I think we need to see it in the flesh before we shovel dirt on it.

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm
by NautiGirl
I'll just leave this here. I understand its a larger boat, but you can argue it's the same target market. This is the competition Cobalt. Look at the two side by side and it's not even close, at least to my eye. I think it was Tuscany who said the A line was the older "Grampa" hull. I defended the A saying Katie and I were young and would own a A25. No longer.

New Hotness
tmp18034_13918.jpg

Old and Busted

A29.jpg

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm
by Tuscany
IMO, There is simply no comparison to the look of a big Formula with that sexy Enron..😍😍😍

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:20 pm
by mdadgar
I actually don't love that Formula - super busy styling.

Then again, I don't love the new A29 either.

Ahh, well.

- Mark

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 pm
by AsLan7
Tuscany wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm IMO, There is simply no comparison to the look of a big Formula with that sexy Enron..😍😍😍
Ok bbp....Enron or Imron. 😂

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:25 pm
by Tuscany
You have to see one in person. There is a 40’ Formula FX always docked at the end of the Smith Boys Marina in Buffalo. It’s steel blue, blue, silver and maroon. It literally stops my heart every time.

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 pm
by Tuscany
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm IMO, There is simply no comparison to the look of a big Formula with that sexy Enron..😍😍😍
Ok bbp....Enron or Imron. 😂
I swear I wrote it right.🤣. I guess “spellcheck” can’t forget 2008.🤣

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 pm
by Tuscany
DuPont Imron paint. Spell check just changed it, this time to I Ron. 🤣

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:33 pm
by AsLan7
Team Nauti was pretty fast on the draw taking that down T. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻😂

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:34 pm
by cmattj
liquid wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:38 am It appears I'm an hour too late to break the news... What to say... I kinda like it?

I think I have to see a smaller open bow version. Holding out for now.
I’m hoping for that also. A bit sportier? Also I wonder if the photo is a rendering as the shadows from the buildings, and the hull shadows are off?

Oh I wanted to see it with no arch.. Cmon Hideaway Bimini option!

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 pm
by NautiGirl
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:33 pm Team Nauti was pretty fast on the draw taking that down T. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻😂
I googled and took it down once I realized what the hell he was talking about. Never knew the brand name....
maxresdefault.jpg

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:38 pm
by Tuscany
More pics.

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:42 pm
by cmattj
Great intel! Side saddle passenger? Mid cabin should be big . Teak all the way ! Wow ! It’s getting better other than the sacrifice pass seat. Formula design there.

Re: New A series

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:19 pm
by jhnmdahl
I do think that blue and white interior is sharp - I would have ordered it were it an option when I bought. Now give me some piping that matches my hull stripe color, and I’m set ;)