Page 5 of 6
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm
by Southernboatman
Well Dub we can't wait for the KY version of this shade maker! I guess to keep our regional peculiarities correct officially it will be the hillbilly version!
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 am
by liquid
I don't mind at all. I always laugh when we look at our old lakehouse with paint peeling, dogs everywhere, inflatables littering the yard, kids peeing in the bushes - and then I look around at the multi-million dollar houses and Uber wealthy owners having quaint cocktail parties next to us and think, "a little WT, but so what? When they've been here a couple hundred years maybe then i'll consider being bashful "
So go ahead and get a 12x12

Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:00 pm
by Ytmsn
^^what he said!^^
Be sure to post a pic Dub or it never happened!
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:42 pm
by Alaskabound
On the road traveling now so will be a few weeks but pics will come
Dub
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am
by AsLan7
Daughter is shopping for dog booties.
Any brand recommendations from folks here on the site for a 50 pound golden retriever pup?
.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm
by Skiingstrongman
Are they for the boat or for winter?
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm
by AsLan7
Boat ajc

)
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm
by Skiingstrongman
https://www.chewy.com/ultra-paws-durabl ... d/dp/56625
These are the set we have. They work great the double Velcro really keeps them on nicely.
For winter he has muttluks but they are very expensive and overkill for boating purposes.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
by AsLan7
I like how those "open up" at the top for ease of slip on.
Thanx skstmn!
.
.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 pm
by wfbacker
I won't put shoes on my golden except when he has to go outside in frigid cold. He is a natural swimmer and his paws are webbed which make swimming very easy for him. Shoes might cause a problem with him swimming.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am
by AsLan7
wfbacker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 pm
I won't put shoes on my golden except when he has to go outside in frigid cold. He is a natural swimmer and his paws are webbed which make swimming very easy for him. Shoes might cause a problem with him swimming.
I wondered about that, wfbacker. My golden is the same. Was curious how booties will affect his swimming.
I need to rent a pair!
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 am
by Skiingstrongman
I think they will be unaffected. I actually came into that brand from those golden sites. A lot of people have issues with their dogs in the swimming pools. They tear the pads from the concrete on the deck so the booties prevent that. Seems to not affect swimming abilities.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:19 am
by wfbacker
Thank you for the follow up.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:09 am
by Skiingstrongman
My take was for $35 from Chewy shipped it was worth a shot because it's exponentially more expensive to replace the vinyl. My guy will deal with anything though he has hats and coats and waits patiently at the door to get dressed before a walk in the snow. Some people have to battle just to get a leash on.
Re: Water Dogs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm
by Ytmsn
That shot of your dog was what caused my son to get booties for his dog. AND that picture is one of the coolest out there!!