Page 6 of 18

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:30 pm
by AsLan7
Exactly.
It will rub your fiberglass raw if you tow with that.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:51 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm That looks like a nice cover at a good price. I like how it goes all the way down the sides, but I sure wouldn't tow with it on!
Hard to say it might be all soft and fuzzy in there?
I would use it for storage :-)

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm
by Tuscany
Thanks BB looking out for me and for the suggestion.
Actually, I bought a 20 x 40 tarp that I plan on covering over the entire boat for winter. I'm just going to toss it right over the bow/cockpit cover for extra protection from the sun coming through the windows. It should cover every square inch on the boat and trailer and keep it clean.

Lots to show today, but I I didn't get home till dark, so I'll update pics tomorrow night.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 pm
by AsLan7
Tuscany wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm Thanks BB looking out for me and for the suggestion.
Actually, I bought a 20 x 40 tarp that I plan on covering over the entire boat for winter. I'm just going to toss it right over the bow/cockpit cover for extra protection from the sun coming through the windows. It should cover every square inch on the boat and trailer and keep it clean.

Lots to show today, but I I didn't get home till dark, so I'll update pics tomorrow night.


For that purpose, I would be all over this cover, T.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 pm
by liquid
Tuscany wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm Thanks BB looking out for me and for the suggestion.
Actually, I bought a 20 x 40 tarp that I plan on covering over the entire boat for winter. I'm just going to toss it right over the bow/cockpit cover for extra protection from the sun coming through the windows. It should cover every square inch on the boat and trailer and keep it clean.

Lots to show today, but I I didn't get home till dark, so I'll update pics tomorrow night.
Don't forget the moth balls

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am
by Big Block Power
liquid wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 pm
Tuscany wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm Thanks BB looking out for me and for the suggestion.
Actually, I bought a 20 x 40 tarp that I plan on covering over the entire boat for winter. I'm just going to toss it right over the bow/cockpit cover for extra protection from the sun coming through the windows. It should cover every square inch on the boat and trailer and keep it clean.

Lots to show today, but I I didn't get home till dark, so I'll update pics tomorrow night.
Don't forget the moth balls
I use bounce dryer sheets. Smell is much better.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 am
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am
liquid wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 pm
Tuscany wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm Thanks BB looking out for me and for the suggestion.
Actually, I bought a 20 x 40 tarp that I plan on covering over the entire boat for winter. I'm just going to toss it right over the bow/cockpit cover for extra protection from the sun coming through the windows. It should cover every square inch on the boat and trailer and keep it clean.

Lots to show today, but I I didn't get home till dark, so I'll update pics tomorrow night.
Don't forget the moth balls
I use bounce dryer sheets. Smell is much better.
I like that. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm
by Big Block Power
liquid wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 am
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am
liquid wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Don't forget the moth balls
I use bounce dryer sheets. Smell is much better.
I like that. Maybe I'll give that a shot.
That's ask I've used for years and years.not a issue in all the years.I stuff them everywhere.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm
by Ytmsn
Everywhere? Hmm. So that's your secret to staying fresh..
Do you use the ones with wings?

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm Everywhere? Hmm. So that's your secret to staying fresh..
Do you use the ones with wings?
Only you. Lmao

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 am
by Tuscany
Starting to come together.
Still waiting for the transom window above the doors to arrive and be cut it in.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:01 am
by Tuscany
Utilities are next. Then concrete.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 am
by Ytmsn
That looks really good Tusc!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:05 am
by AsLan7
Wow
She's coming along nicely, T.

I likeee the cupola too.👍🏻

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 am
by Big Block Power
The build goes fast. Looks really good. I like the colors.