Page 6 of 8

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 am
by Ytmsn
My new ride..
20190128_103458.jpg

And since it has nothing to do with my boat, here is a neat boat shot
20190131_065216-3024x2268.jpg

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 am
by MnLakeBum
I bought a 17’ inflatable paddle board at the boat show last week. It’s 5 feet wide and 8” thick so it will mostly see use a water lounge off the dock and the back of the pontoon boat. It will also be fun to put 4 people on it and paddle it across the lake! Here’s a picture from the show, the board in front of it is an 11 foot traditional size board. I’m taking suggestions on a high speed 12volt inflater for this board.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am
by akorcovelos
I've heard terrible things about the inflatable SUPs, hope your experience is different. I did a lot of research before buying my SUP, and I'm glad I did.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm
by Ytmsn
What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:51 pm
by Big Block Power
My wife loves hers. I hate hauling it. It fits in the pontoon perfect though.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm
by MnLakeBum
akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am I've heard terrible things about the inflatable SUPs, hope your experience is different. I did a lot of research before buying my SUP, and I'm glad I did.
Totally agree. I've paddled an inflatable and they are very much inferior to a solid board. It's really just a swim/relax pad that will rarely be used to paddle, mostly by teenagers. I honestly don't see it being paddled more than a few times each summer. At 17'x5', if it was an actual foam/fiberglass SUP this thing would weigh 200+ lbs and would not be fun to move around or store.

I bought my first SUP 8 years ago and now own four "real" SUP's after selling my first board to a buddy last summer.

If anybody is looking for an amazing SUP or wake-surf board that can be custom made to exactly what you want, check out ShoreBoards. They are hand built in Anoka Minnesota and the two SUP's and wake-surf board I have are amazing to paddle and are also works of art.

https://www.shore-boards.com

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:12 pm
by akorcovelos
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
Pain to blow up enough to be usable, still not rigid so more work to control, and inconsistent when you do try and maneuver them. As MnLakeBum said, just a glorified raft you can stand on. Nothing you would want to take for a evening paddle.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:16 pm
by MnLakeBum
akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:12 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
Pain to blow up enough to be usable, still not rigid so more work to control, and inconsistent when you do try and maneuver them. As MnLakeBum said, just a glorified raft you can stand on. Nothing you would want to take for a evening paddle.

Agree with this, get a solid board. Even a $600 Costco fiberglass/foam board will paddle better than the best inflatable. For a beginner I’d also recommend an 11’ -12’ board that is about 34-35” wide. The smaller or narrower boards are tougher to learn on.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
If you have the ability to transport a SUP . Go hardboard. Like mentioned pic a quality board 600 ish that is dense in floation rating.

I’m happy with my 11.5 ft x 34 tower boards. Non displacement nose and they are fast.

Oh yes it’s hang it on the wall weather even out here.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm
by Spine Guy
We went with this last year, holy cow it’s a blast!

https://youtu.be/HuWLE4Li6Hg

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm
by Big Block Power
Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:58 pm
by Tuscany
That’s great BB. Garage boating in January!
Does it have a power vent? I’ve never seen an exhaust pipe go downward.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10 pm
by Big Block Power
Tuscany wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:58 pm That’s great BB. Garage boating in January!
Does it have a power vent? I’ve never seen an exhaust pipe go downward.
I think so. He had to go down due to the high garage walls and roof line. I saw a bunch of pictures and they went Down as well. I'm not a expert in heat so I hired it out so I hope he knew what he was doing.

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.
That’s slick! Does it us a switch or a thermostat type thingy?

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 am
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.
That’s slick! Does it us a switch or a thermostat type thingy?
Tstat type thingy. I have to see if it has a fan only switch so in the summer I can turn it on during garage boating.