That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post Reply
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by liquid »

NautiGirl wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm It sucks the season is coming to an end, but there is satisfaction in putting on a fresh coat of wax and seeing your boat shine as your tuck her away for winter.
I agree... but I'm not done yet! I'd still like to get her on the lift for a few more weeks.

I also have to detail inside and shampoo carpets... Haven't done that yet. Any thoughts on carpets guys?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Ytmsn »

Yup. Take them out and preserve them in a sack somewhere in your attic. Put them back in when you sell your boat

I am constantly amazed at how dirty my floor gets. I make people take etheir shoes off but it still gets dirty after 2 or 3 days. I can take a wet towel and push it around with my foot to get most of it up but I still have to use it deck wash and a stiff brush from time to time. If there was carpet in there all that dirt would be sticking to it or going to the bottom of the knap.
Last edited by Ytmsn on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Driller »

liquid wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Bfun220 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 pm Lookin good Liquid. I mean Daniel son.
Might need to change my avatar :lol:
Looks great!!!
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Big Block Power »

I want to see how the inside of Oscar's garbage can shines :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm Yup. Take them out and preserve them in a sack somewhere in your attic. Put them back in when you sell your boat

I am constantly amazed at how dirty my floor gets. I make people take etheir shoes off but it still gets dirty after 2 or 3 days. I can take a wet towel and push it around with my foot to get most of it up but I still have to use it deck wash and a stiff brush from time to time. If there was carpet in there all that dirt would be sticking to it or going to the bottom of the knap.
Sage advice... if you plan to sell your boat. I plan to be buried in this one.

Carpet makes my boat comfy. If I have to give em a shampoo at the end of the season (or three) then so be it. I have a diesel dustbuster that gets into all my corners. Then it's vinyl sauce on everything except the dash/windshield.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by jhnmdahl »

I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by AsLan7 »

jhnmdahl wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John

.
We have run our boat with carpet and without carpet. Definitely prefer the carpet on our feet. We do have to be careful , however, about airing the boat out after days of wake boarding. Otherwise we could get mold.

I have never tried the sea grass but I'm sure I would like that, John.

Cobalt also offered a rare "Admiral blue" carpet option for the 260 series. I converted our last boat to that color and loved it. I would not recommend it for the hotter climates though. It could get hot.

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by liquid »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm I want to see how the inside of Oscar's garbage can shines :-)
Why do you think my avatar is wearing shades?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Tuscany »

AsLan7 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm
jhnmdahl wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John

.
We have run our boat with carpet and without carpet. Definitely prefer the carpet on our feet. We do have to be careful , however, about airing the boat out after days of wake boarding. Otherwise we could get mold.

I have never tried the sea grass but I'm sure I would like that, John.

Cobalt also offered a rare "Admiral blue" carpet option for the 260 series. I converted our last boat to that color and loved it. I would not recommend it for the hotter climates though. It could get hot.

.
That is really a beautiful boat my friend..

John, sea grass does have an issue with heat. That's the only downside. Just know that in the full sun when sitting still and allowed to bake, it could seriously burn the crap out of your feet. Just keep some "interior only" flip flops handy if you run into that situation. Once underway, it cools off almost instantly.
Other than that, it's almost the perfect floor covering.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Driller »

Whenever the carpet cleaner comes to do the house I run down and pull the carpet out of the boat. He gives it a good steam cleaning, then I dry it out in the sun before putting it back.

It is amazing the crud that comes out of the carpet. I always show the wife and get the cleaning guy to tell her too. Re-enforces my no shoes rule. Now she usually tells the guest before I have a chance.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by cmattj »

We had a large group ( 10 people) go out on a lunch / tube/ swim day this summer so..
I pulled out the carpet to the pretty white glass floor. Guest still barefoot only entry.
It was so hard to clean after I wondered if I should have left the carpets in..

Geeze it's hard to believe how much grime gets tracked from a day and twenty bare feet..
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by Ytmsn »

That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by liquid »

Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by cmattj »

Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?
liquid wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!
Funny stuff.. I used Something like that from west marine to clean and it worked good. Plus it got the rubber backing cleaned completely that was stuck.


Cmon inside the house.. easy deal..have a seat ..
Cmon the boat.. Hold on!! shoes off.. towels down on seats.. Check in all spray sunscreen and open containers .. weeeew now we are ready.. All rules off once at idle.

I believe the Boat gods have a sense of humor and that Boats are a natural debris magnet.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Post by liquid »

cmattj wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?
liquid wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!
Funny stuff.. I used Something like that from west marine to clean and it worked good. Plus it got the rubber backing cleaned completely that was stuck.


Cmon inside the house.. easy deal..have a seat ..
Cmon the boat.. Hold on!! shoes off.. towels down on seats.. Check in all spray sunscreen and open containers .. weeeew now we are ready.. All rules off once at idle.

I believe the Boat gods have a sense of humor and that Boats are a natural debris magnet.
shhhhhhhh... they'll hear you!

OH HOW NOBLE AND DASHING THE BOAT GODS ARE. AND JUST! VERY JUST!

that should do it...
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 24 guests