Page 7 of 11

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm
by liquid
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm It sucks the season is coming to an end, but there is satisfaction in putting on a fresh coat of wax and seeing your boat shine as your tuck her away for winter.
I agree... but I'm not done yet! I'd still like to get her on the lift for a few more weeks.

I also have to detail inside and shampoo carpets... Haven't done that yet. Any thoughts on carpets guys?

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm
by Ytmsn
Yup. Take them out and preserve them in a sack somewhere in your attic. Put them back in when you sell your boat

I am constantly amazed at how dirty my floor gets. I make people take etheir shoes off but it still gets dirty after 2 or 3 days. I can take a wet towel and push it around with my foot to get most of it up but I still have to use it deck wash and a stiff brush from time to time. If there was carpet in there all that dirt would be sticking to it or going to the bottom of the knap.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:01 pm
by Driller
liquid wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Bfun220 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 pm Lookin good Liquid. I mean Daniel son.
Might need to change my avatar :lol:
Looks great!!!

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm
by Big Block Power
I want to see how the inside of Oscar's garbage can shines :-)

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 am
by liquid
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm Yup. Take them out and preserve them in a sack somewhere in your attic. Put them back in when you sell your boat

I am constantly amazed at how dirty my floor gets. I make people take etheir shoes off but it still gets dirty after 2 or 3 days. I can take a wet towel and push it around with my foot to get most of it up but I still have to use it deck wash and a stiff brush from time to time. If there was carpet in there all that dirt would be sticking to it or going to the bottom of the knap.
Sage advice... if you plan to sell your boat. I plan to be buried in this one.

Carpet makes my boat comfy. If I have to give em a shampoo at the end of the season (or three) then so be it. I have a diesel dustbuster that gets into all my corners. Then it's vinyl sauce on everything except the dash/windshield.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am
by jhnmdahl
I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm
by AsLan7
jhnmdahl wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John

.
We have run our boat with carpet and without carpet. Definitely prefer the carpet on our feet. We do have to be careful , however, about airing the boat out after days of wake boarding. Otherwise we could get mold.

I have never tried the sea grass but I'm sure I would like that, John.

Cobalt also offered a rare "Admiral blue" carpet option for the 260 series. I converted our last boat to that color and loved it. I would not recommend it for the hotter climates though. It could get hot.

.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm I want to see how the inside of Oscar's garbage can shines :-)
Why do you think my avatar is wearing shades?

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:33 pm
by Tuscany
AsLan7 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm
jhnmdahl wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am I ended up getting the sea grass in my Cobalt boat despite it being new to me at the time of order. After a few years of comparing it to others' boats with carpet, I don't think I'd ever order a boat with carpet again.

As to taking out the carpet if that's what it came with, I'm split 50/50 on that. It might depend on who was going to be using the boat, and how wet/sandy we would be.

John

.
We have run our boat with carpet and without carpet. Definitely prefer the carpet on our feet. We do have to be careful , however, about airing the boat out after days of wake boarding. Otherwise we could get mold.

I have never tried the sea grass but I'm sure I would like that, John.

Cobalt also offered a rare "Admiral blue" carpet option for the 260 series. I converted our last boat to that color and loved it. I would not recommend it for the hotter climates though. It could get hot.

.
That is really a beautiful boat my friend..

John, sea grass does have an issue with heat. That's the only downside. Just know that in the full sun when sitting still and allowed to bake, it could seriously burn the crap out of your feet. Just keep some "interior only" flip flops handy if you run into that situation. Once underway, it cools off almost instantly.
Other than that, it's almost the perfect floor covering.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:01 pm
by Driller
Whenever the carpet cleaner comes to do the house I run down and pull the carpet out of the boat. He gives it a good steam cleaning, then I dry it out in the sun before putting it back.

It is amazing the crud that comes out of the carpet. I always show the wife and get the cleaning guy to tell her too. Re-enforces my no shoes rule. Now she usually tells the guest before I have a chance.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 pm
by cmattj
We had a large group ( 10 people) go out on a lunch / tube/ swim day this summer so..
I pulled out the carpet to the pretty white glass floor. Guest still barefoot only entry.
It was so hard to clean after I wondered if I should have left the carpets in..

Geeze it's hard to believe how much grime gets tracked from a day and twenty bare feet..

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am
by Ytmsn
That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am
by liquid
Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?
liquid wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!
Funny stuff.. I used Something like that from west marine to clean and it worked good. Plus it got the rubber backing cleaned completely that was stuck.


Cmon inside the house.. easy deal..have a seat ..
Cmon the boat.. Hold on!! shoes off.. towels down on seats.. Check in all spray sunscreen and open containers .. weeeew now we are ready.. All rules off once at idle.

I believe the Boat gods have a sense of humor and that Boats are a natural debris magnet.

Re: That Legendary Cobalt Shine.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am
by liquid
cmattj wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am That what happened with me Matt. I use Starbright deck wash and a stiff brush and it works pretty good on a bare floor.

But it always amazes me at how dirty the floor gets when everyone is barefoot and in the water? Where in the thunder does it come from?
liquid wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am Dirty foot on a seat. Really grinds my gears.

Step on grey carpet and it disappears!
Funny stuff.. I used Something like that from west marine to clean and it worked good. Plus it got the rubber backing cleaned completely that was stuck.


Cmon inside the house.. easy deal..have a seat ..
Cmon the boat.. Hold on!! shoes off.. towels down on seats.. Check in all spray sunscreen and open containers .. weeeew now we are ready.. All rules off once at idle.

I believe the Boat gods have a sense of humor and that Boats are a natural debris magnet.
shhhhhhhh... they'll hear you!

OH HOW NOBLE AND DASHING THE BOAT GODS ARE. AND JUST! VERY JUST!

that should do it...