Page 1 of 5
Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm
by juddmyers
If you were on the fence about one of these .. DO IT!
Amazing equipment. Have about 3-400 rounds through it and it is a pleasure.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:13 pm
by NautiGirl
They are nice looking guns that's for sure - small frame large magazine capacity sig quality - difficult to beat that.
I carried for a P938 for a while, never really fell in love with the platform - ended up selling it to a buddy mostly because I wanted something striker fired - partially because I had to purchase an engagement ring.
I am mostly a glock guy but if I can find a P365 in stock somewhere I wouldn't mind seeing how it feels in the hand. I have a feeling it would come home with me though.
If you don't already have a good holster check out these guys:
https://wethepeopleholsters.com/ They are just well made Kydex IWB holsters nothing fancy. Think as a new customer you get $10 off which makes them a great deal.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 pm
by Bfun220
I have a kimber micro 9, so far I like it. The other gun I was looking at was a kahr pm9. Never had I sig, so I dont know how their compare.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 pm
by NautiGirl
Bfun220 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 pm
I have a kimber micro 9, so far I like it. The other gun I was looking at was a kahr pm9. Never had I sig, so I dont know how their compare.
Kimber is known for their 1911's, I have one, its a safe queen. Love looking at it dislike seeing it dirty. If the shit hit the fan it wouldn't be the first or even second or third gun I grabbed.
Sig is German - Germans make good stuff. They make very high quality go to war combat hanguns. Drag it through the dirt - scratch it - beat it up - it's still going to shoot and shoot very accurately. I have a Sig 226 that is maybe my second favorite gun only to my Glock 19. At one time the NAVY SEALs were issued the Sig 226 as their sidearm. If its good enough for the SEALs....
Kahr. Eh.
Kimber and Sig are both great guns just have different things they are good at if that makes sense.
Kimber >= Sig >>>> Kahr IMHO.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 pm
by Big Block Power
I'm going to say that's Jeff talking

Yes I'm lost.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 pm
by Bfun220
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 pm
Kimber is known for their 1911's, I have one, its a safe queen. Love looking at it dislike seeing it dirty.
I also have a kimber 1911, put lots and lots of rounds through it. Love that gun.
And yes, the German make good stuff. Did I mention both my parents were German?


Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:34 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 pm
I'm going to say that's Jeff talking

Yes I'm lost.
Katie shoots, sometimes better than I do if I am honest.
Guns are like boats, they all perform the same function, but there are huge differences in quality and fit and finish between brands. Think Bayliner vs Cobalt. Yeah, they are both boats and they both will get you on the lake, but how many of us would be happy floating up to the dock in a bayliner now that we have experienced a cobalt?
Additionally some guns are better suited to specific uses. Think wake boat vs bass boat. Again both boats, but vastly different in their intended use. At their core guns are tools for self defense, but they are also super cool to collect and shoot for fun as well.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
by Big Block Power
I've never shot one or really never held one. My wife won't have one in the house.
I see alot of gun people go crazy buying and shooting them though
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:26 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
I've never shot one or really never held one. My wife won't have one in the house.
I see alot of gun people go crazy buying and shooting them though
It's expensive - but fun...guess a lot like boating. Katie and I joke that we need to find a cheap hobby.
If you ever make it to KY and you are interested we will get you to the range. I don't think tourists are allowed to leave Kentucky until they have sampled some bourbon and shot a gun or two.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 pm
by Ytmsn
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
I've never shot one or really never held one. My wife won't have one in the house.
I see alot of gun people go crazy buying and shooting them though

Guns and ammo for everyone!
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:32 pm
by juddmyers
I owned a glock and I did like it. It has its place.
I also own a sig 1911 and love it but this one is SOOO much easier and better to carry daily.
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
I've never shot one or really never held one. My wife won't have one in the house.
I see alot of gun people go crazy buying and shooting them though

Guns and ammo for everyone!
I still loce your story when you were going to pick up the McBoat
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm
by NautiGirl
People in Kentucky take their guns very seriously:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZV5tZWgP8
Twice a year Knob Creek Gun range holds a machine gun shoot. Knob creek range was once a part of Ft Knox that was used to test Navy Destroyer artillery shells. Its about 500yds deep and cut into a large large hillside. During the machine gun shoot people from all over the country bring their legally owned machine guns and waste 100's of thousands of dollars in ammo effectively showing off how much money they have to waste.
Each night they place large containers of gasoline, propane, and pretty much anything else that will explode on the range and shoot it. Its a stupid display, I have been to the shoot but didn't stick around for the night shoot. I dont think I can talk Katie into it. I also need to figure out a way to triple up on hearing protection.
America - F YEA!
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm
by Bfun220
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
I've never shot one or really never held one. My wife won't have one in the house.
I see alot of gun people go crazy buying and shooting them though
Let me know if you want to go. There's a range in carboy we can go to.
I have replaced some of my kimber 1911 with ed brown parts. So maybe I should say it's a ed kimber ?
Re: Sig p365
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 pm
by Bfun220
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm
People in Kentucky take their guns very seriously:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZV5tZWgP8
Twice a year Knob Creek Gun range holds a machine gun shoot. Knob creek range was once a part of Ft Knox that was used to test Navy Destroyer artillery shells. Its about 500yds deep and cut into a large large hillside. During the machine gun shoot people from all over the country bring their legally owned machine guns and waste 100's of thousands of dollars in ammo effectively showing off how much money they have to waste.
Each night they place large containers of gasoline, propane, and pretty much anything else that will explode on the range and shoot it. Its a stupid display, I have been to the shoot but didn't stick around for the night shoot. I dont think I can talk Katie into it. I also need to figure out a way to triple up on hearing protection.
America - F YEA!
I've seen the videos but nothing like that around here. Whole lot of money going down range, it would be cool to go at least once.