Page 1 of 1
2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm
by Cobalts4me
Have had several issues with my swim ladder...second section will not extend/collapse. Lock doesn’t keep ladder up. Any fixes or replacement alternatives? Factory ladder starboard side, 2007 242 factory swim platform.
Thanks for any help
Re: 2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 pm
by Big Block Power
Any pictures. I know the factory ladders show up on Ebay sometimes. Pictures?
Also please go to the new member section and introduce yourself and your boat.
Welcome from Wisconsin.
Re: 2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 pm
Any pictures. I know the factory ladders show up on Ebay sometimes. Pictures?
Also please go to the new member section and introduce yourself and your boat.
Welcome from Wisconsin.
+1 what bigblockpiwer said.
.,.and Welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: 2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 am
by Driller
Finally, another 242!! Not sure if the 2007 is the same as 2011. Pics would help. Sounds like it was left down and got bent a little.
Re: 2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:50 pm
by Blkvlk777
Hi I purchased a 08 242 a couple of years ago. My telescoping ladder was a little hard to get in and out. My thought was maybe not used much so went after it with some WD-40 and functioned it several times and seems to work great now. We used it every time we are out
Now for the lock - you have to look at how it functions - I have to wiggle the handle a little bit to ensure the lock is completely forward - ladder all the way in. If this is not done, yes the ladder will not be secure and could come out. Practice a couple times before heading out. I know it is not super user friendly because I have to school people every time on my boat until they figure it out. If you want more info I could probably shoot you a small video next weekend when I get my boat out
Re: 2007 242 swim ladder
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:01 am
by Ytmsn
Driller I think your hull is the same but the cap is probably different. Cobalt retooled everything in 08. My 262 goes from 2000 to 2007, then in 08 the kept using the hull but changed the interior and called it a 272. But I'm not sure about the 240 series?
Anyway, welcome go the site Coblats4me! As others have said please go into new members and tell us about yourself, your boat and where you are. We like pictures here and we really like folks to stay and engage with is!
My ladder on my 240 was hard to pull out. I think it was probably caused from sand settling into the tube, then the abrasion causes it to stick. Polishing with a buffer helps. Then take a box end wrench and bend your lock tab in a bit to hold it. Use one on both ends so you dont damage the plastic bushings.