Page 1 of 1
Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 am
by Rugby07
I have a 2002. 223 that the battery died on over the winter it has an electric Engine cover then I need to figure out a way to manually lift it to access my batteries. Does anybody have any suggestions how to do that thank you
Re: Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 am
by Bfun220
Re: Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:18 pm
by juddmyers
should be some terminals under your seats next to your battery switch. You can connect a jump box or good battery to those terminals and power up the hatch.
Re: Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:58 am
by sailor55330
I never thought of that---if your battery goes dead, that could be an issue. Sounds like Cobalt designed a work around.
Re: Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:04 am
by Tuscany
I pretty sure you can just manually lift it in a situation like that. It will be heavy, but it should go up without an issue.
Re: Dead battery. How to lift engine cover manually
Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 am
by AsLan7
Rugby07 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 am
I have a 2002. 223 that the battery died on over the winter it has an electric Engine cover then I need to figure out a way to manually lift it to access my batteries. Does anybody have any suggestions how to do that thank you
.
Hey rugby07. Welcome to the CobaltChat forum....where we love pics
Like the others have mentioned, you should see the red and black terminals to hook up a portable jumper (available at Walmart or Amazon) or a separate battery using cables.
We use them to open and close the hatch after we pull the batteries out for the winter.
How did you get into Cobalt boats? Would love an intro thread if you have time.
In any event, welcome aboard mate!
.