Page 1 of 1
Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 pm
by tarachanowicz
2014 220 does anyone have pictures or know where the optional air inflator mounting brackets mount?.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 am
by ajcampen
Under the rear seat the is on hinges. No pictures and I won’t have my boat for two weeks. I don’t think any rhym or reason it is there could be mounted anywhere
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm
by tarachanowicz
Thanks
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm
by ajcampen
I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 pm
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm
I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
Pot the jus!
We can read anything.
I mounted mine in the engine area and wired it directly to the battery.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am
by 2ridgebacks
Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:53 am
by Big Block Power
2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am
Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
No it's a pain like you said. I'm sure we could make something work. But that requires energy and time.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:57 pm
by Bfun220
Mount a power plug under the seat by the perk swith. Or connect to the battery and run wires up under seat.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 pm
by Big Block Power
It would just be nice not to have to make everyone move to blow tubes up. Stick a ski hose in the ski locker
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:43 pm
by 2ridgebacks
I’ve been reading and thinking. About anywhere that you could mount any type of air pump, it is exposed to the bilge. If it’s exposed to the bilge, there is an explosion hazard. So, the only way around that is mount it sealed from the bilge, install a vapor detector, or have an explosion proof blower.
If that can be overcome, I looked at 12v blowers for SUP’s as well as small shop vacs. The shop vac and some inflatable blowers would require an inverter. More money plus the cable to get away from the bilge. The nice thing about the shop vac is the long power cord and the ability to buy long lengths of hose inexpensively. I’m thinking you pull out the hose from a hidden spot and flip the switch. Deflation would be rapid as well.
I’m not really making plans yet. Just thinking out loud and spending money on paper. The Chinese fire drill to air up toys is getting old though.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:56 pm
by cmattj
The wet locker on ours has the plug and the oem inflater.. " No worries " the Cobalt engineer said.. only 12 volts .. has a breaker.. has a drain

