Page 1 of 2

WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 pm
by SMandarino
Wanted to buy: 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263. More options the better. Looking for something turn key ready, but also considering taking on a big project for a neglected boat.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:28 pm
by AsLan7
SMandarino wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 pm Wanted to buy: 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263. More options the better. Looking for something turn key ready, but also considering taking on a big project for a neglected boat.
Jr Cramer's Cobalt would have been a great project boat for ya' Sm.

It is very difficult to find a fully loaded 2000-2007 260 series. They sell quite quickly. Took me three years to find mine and even then I had to add CC and tabs.

Here is one with the rare stainless arch and extended swim platform. That's half the battle anyway...

.
https://www.goodhueandhawkins.com/defau ... dInventory


.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 pm
by AsLan7
Btw,

The one below popped on the market June 2nd. It was the most loaded Cobalt I had seen for sale in years....and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately you just missed it as it sold fast.

http://www.mycobalt.net/2018/06/09/2003 ... tennessee/
.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 pm
by TommyTahoe

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 pm
by ajcampen

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:53 am
by NautiGirl
This also just showed up on the fb page... Juts passing along....

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm
by smokymance

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:25 pm
by smokymance
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 pm Btw,

The one below popped on the market June 2nd. It was the most loaded Cobalt I had seen for sale in years....and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately you just missed it as it sold fast.

http://www.mycobalt.net/2018/06/09/2003 ... tennessee/
.
:D i ended up purchasing this one! she is happy at her new home in michigan now!

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm
by SMandarino
Sharp Boat. I'm interested in purchasing a 262 with the extended platform and stainless arch. Would prefer the Mercury 496HO. This model with those options seems to be a needle in a haystack. I'm not too concerned about what motor setup it has as I would likely repower with a new 8.2 HO Merc Bravo 3. I fell in love with this boat years ago and want to take my time to find the right one.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 pm
by AsLan7
smokymance wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:25 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 pm Btw,

The one below popped on the market June 2nd. It was the most loaded Cobalt I had seen for sale in years....and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately you just missed it as it sold fast.

http://www.mycobalt.net/2018/06/09/2003 ... tennessee/
.
:D i ended up purchasing this one! she is happy at her new home in michigan now!
No way!!!! That’s fantastic SmokyMance 👍👍👍👍

You won’t be disappointed. IMHO, it’s the best hull Cobalt ever produced. (Other than the 343) :mrgreen:
.
Would you post more interior pics when you get a chance?
You got a heck of a nice boat....especially with all those options! Wish they would have offered the extra extended swim platform back in 2003. Other than that, she is 99% perfect. 8-)

.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm
by SMandarino
We'll I don't own one yet - I'm still searching - That's the boat I'm looking for. I agree - Best hull Cobalt ever produced. I found a 262 with platform and no arch with a 496Mag. Itching to go look at it.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
by AsLan7
SMandarino wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm We'll I don't own one yet - I'm still searching - That's the boat I'm looking for. I agree - Best hull Cobalt ever produced. I found a 262 with platform and no arch with a 496Mag. Itching to go look at it.
Now we got to find one for you SMandarino!
Smokymance hit the jackpot. Hopefully you won’t be far behind. 👌🏻

.

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 pm
by smokymance
Thanks guys and yes i will post up some pics on a new thread on the interior!

I looked for over a year for mine, and finally got a chance to even in line to pick one up! Only if i could find an extended platform for it to complete it!

Here are a few i have found...the michigan one on boat trader, be careful with it...if you study the pics, seems the interior got redone, as it doesnt look OEM. Also the drive has a fin cover, usually owners will tell ya its for protection, but its usually after it was not protected the fin cover got put on! :-)

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004 ... 103328299/

This one was a very good candidate in my list...looks clean AF

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ ... 72404.html

IF you are in market for an open bow, that looks like its it...merc HO, trim tabs, captains call...no planform or arch, but something to look at!

Regards

LM

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 pm
by Big Block Power
A7 I take it jc didn't have the platform?

Re: WTB 2000-2007 Cobalt 262/263

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 pm A7 I take it jc didn't have the platform?
.

Cobalt did not offer the extra extended swim platform before 2005. (they all have the regular platform). Jrcramer1's is a 2001.
I spoke with Jrc today. I bought the potable water tank and valve from him.
.