Page 1 of 3
Another New Member
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 pm
by NorCal Boater
Hi Everyone,
Well I'm happy to see a Cobalt Forum but a bit disappointed there are not more topics on the older boats. I'm the owner (again) of a 1985 CM23. I believe this model is one of Cobalt's most beautiful older boats. I previously owned this boat from 1989 to 2001 with a partner in Long Beach, CA. I had a chance to buy it back about 18 months ago and it is currently undergoing a slow restoration/refurbishment.
The CM23 was only made from 1983-1985 with a total of 84 boats made. In 1985 there were only 15 boats made and I own serial # 0015 meaning I own the last one produced. The "CM" in the model name stood for "Center-mount" which is the location of the engine. It is mounted near the center of the boat and has a jack-shaft back to the Mercruiser outdrive.
If someone can tell me how to post pics on this site I will get some up as soon as I can.
Happy to be a member.
Shawn
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 am
by Big Block Power
Very cool and welcome from Wisconsin. Just click on attachments underneath where you posted and submitted your posting. under the word save draft / preview and submit then once you click attachments another little box says add files and click that and select pictures. It's two clicks and done. Can't wait to see pictures.
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:26 am
by jhnmdahl
Shawn,
Thanks for stopping by! We are a new forum as of 2015, and are really just taking off this spring. Hopefully we can be a good resource for you as your restoration progresses, and for other Cobalt owners who also have an interest in projects like yours,
John
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm
by liquid
Welcome!
Make sure you take and post pics of the restoration progress.
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:35 am
by NorCal Boater
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Attached are a couple of pics of the boat. I will have more as time permits.
Shawn
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:37 am
by NorCal Boater
Here is one other....
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:49 pm
by Big Block Power
She looks very nice

Re: Another New Member
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 pm
by Big Block Power
NorCal Boater wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Hi Everyone,
Well I'm happy to see a Cobalt Forum but a bit disappointed there are not more topics on the older boats. I'm the owner (again) of a 1985 CM23. I believe this model is one of Cobalt's most beautiful older boats. I previously owned this boat from 1989 to 2001 with a partner in Long Beach, CA. I had a chance to buy it back about 18 months ago and it is currently undergoing a slow restoration/refurbishment.
The CM23 was only made from 1983-1985 with a total of 84 boats made. In 1985 there were only 15 boats made and I own serial # 0015 meaning I own the last one produced. The "CM" in the model name stood for "Center-mount" which is the location of the engine. It is mounted near the center of the boat and has a jack-shaft back to the Mercruiser outdrive.
If someone can tell me how to post pics on this site I will get some up as soon as I can.
Happy to be a member.
Shawn
Hey going through old new member posts and found this b cool guy and boat

Re: Another New Member
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 pm
by thunder550
Heyyyyyy that looks familiar

Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm
by liquid
thunder550 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 pm
Heyyyyyy that looks familiar
Do tell...
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:46 pm
by thunder550
Pretty sure that NorCal Boater and nolaboater99 are one and the same
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=890
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:38 pm
by Big Block Power
liquid wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm
thunder550 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 pm
Heyyyyyy that looks familiar
Do tell...
Tammy keep up liquid
I can't believe no one else has jumped on this other than us three and you don't count.
Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:16 pm
by cmattj

Forgot his password.... cmon guys NOLA is a party town.. Ive been

Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:36 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Forgot his password.... cmon guys NOLA is a party town.. Ive been
Lmao you know I just got his name.

Re: Another New Member
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 pm
by AsLan7
Stood out to me as well. Figured he was just coming back.