Page 1 of 1

2018 220S dash "storage"

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 pm
by DCLfan
What do folks use the little plastic inset open box in the dash for? It isn't big enough for a phone. Loose change? Mints?

It looks easy enough to remove or modify. Is this a good place to mount the base for an arm to hold a display or tablet?

I'm getting a VesselView mobile. I don't need a permanent display or plotter, you aren't going to get lost on our lake and the shallow parts are well known. But it is a low cost way to look at engine data. Occasional mounting of a phone or tablet meets my needs.
dash storage.jpg
dash storage back.jpg

Re: 2018 220S dash "storage"

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm
by Norris_Boating
Interesting, mine (2016) is on the other side of the steering wheel and is large enough for my cellphone, wallet and sun glasses. I love having it there as I use my phone for Bluetooth and it is easy to change playlists and such.

Re: 2018 220S dash "storage"

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:54 pm
by DCLfan
Norris_Boating wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm Interesting, mine (2016) is on the other side of the steering wheel and is large enough for my cellphone, wallet and sun glasses. I love having it there as I use my phone for Bluetooth and it is easy to change playlists and such.
Yep, the 2016 looks two or three times wider than mine.